Men should sit down to urinate

The restaurant Bohemian here in NYC has a japanese toilet with all the bells and whistles (Wall mounted control panel, adjustable water jet direction, warm air blower, temp control). The thing was pretty badass but I admit, the rest of the restaruant (10 people in a space the size of a living room if you’ve never been there) probably thought I was a lunatic because I couldn’t stop laughing after the first time I used it… I was hitting buttons out of curiousity and was getting suprise jets of water and air in places not accustomed to this type of activity.

Go long KSS ?

This is way too funny.

I would say it’s a good idea for men to sit down to urinate. Several years ago I held a small party at my place. After some guys used my bathroom, I saw urine all over the place on the floor, on the toilet, etc etc. (I am still not sure who did it even though I have a suspect in mind)!! I had to clean it. It wasn’t that much of an enjoyable thing to do!

The Japanese toilet is great – I have one in my apartment – but it can cause a huge mess if people don’t know how to use it since people that are just “hitting buttons out of curiosity” can send water streaming all over the place. It’s a wonder how Bohemian keeps the bathroom so clean; either that or the patrons just happen to know how to use the Toto?

BTW, Bohemian is a great restaurant. Awesome date place if you can get a reservation for two. I’ve never had a date that ended short of glorious after a visit to Bohemian.

YES!!!

I don’t know anyone who use it and do not like it.

It’s warms up, it sprays water, it blows dry, it is clean!

i think everyone spends so much time in the toilet in their lifetime, they should invest more technology on it.

I’ve found myself sitting to pee after moving to a house with smaller toilets. Our old place had comfort height toilets so it was much easier to keep the splatter down.

i sometimes sit to pee if i want to read a magazine at home

how long does it take you to pee???

come time me

Maybe its just because I lived in a world of rich white people but this was a trend in 2002-2003 where I lived back in high school for new construction custom homes.

I’m sorry, men who sit down to urinate are pansies. My downstairs powder room was squeezed into a former stair well. I have to twist my upper body sideways and backwards to get close enough to get my ummm stuff to be above the bowl and that’s what I do because I’m a man damn it! If you can’t contort yourself to urinate standing up, go behind the garage.

+1.

@STL - you mention your bidet has the strength of a fire hose coming out of there. I’m wondering–how do you protect your junk from the force of the water? It seems like if you turned a pressure washer onto my sack, it would be…uncomfortable.

It’s variable speed. I’d recommend starting slowly. Plus, you shouldn’t be hitting your nuts. It’s a precision instrument.

bidet is such an old fashioned thing, i mean, why would you have 2 toilets? it looks so bizarre.

Not to mention you have to leave your toilet seat and hop 2 feet to get washed… it’s the stupidest idea ever!

I’d love to have one of those fancy 2-in-1 contraptions, but I’m only moderately well off, not super wealthy.

It’s not that expensive!

i am surprised there are so many big houses and big cars in the US, but so few of them actually use a smart toilet.