Mensa membership on resume - dbag? or not?

This is awesome, as long as he catered it to the right crowd.

Did he end up with a good offer?

I think the key is targeted douchebag. You can be a douche to your peers or anyone below you. However, you must flip this and suck up to people above you.

In many cases this is true – not because I recommend being toady for the sake of it, but it’s simply just a matter of managing your political capital the right way. Some would call it organizational intelligence.

Sounds like technical analysis… who knows… might be useful!

These people are the worst. As a peer if I ever got leverage on you I would shit on you. Character is what you do when there are no consequences. People like this, even bosses, have proved they don’t deserve respect.

I passed the Mensa exam many years ago – but never paid the fee to join.

It’s not on my resume.

You could have so much fun with this, it would be a crime not to interview this dude.

He did o.k. for himself. He showed pretty well - physcally imposing (about 6’ 1" and 230) but soft spoken, and extremely smart and confident. His main challenge was getting interviews, since we’re not a target school. So his strategy probably turned some people off, but he figured that it made him stand out with others. And apparently it worked. Guy definitely clanked when he walked - he had a big brass pair.

^ I like it, the statement would certainly have piqued my interest.

itera, any update on this dude? Did you call him out?

Well, it’s relevant for analyst jobs.

For two people with the same experience, I’ll take the high IQ one.