Message from the 30 yr olds to the young folks

that’s what I love about these AF boys, man… i keep getting older, they stay the same age.

Do any of you guys remember the “comodore 64”, with games played through a tape player, which took about half a hour to load up??

The worst thing about the Comodore tape player programs was that you never knew if the computer messed up trying to load it. The tape would keep playing, you’d watch the counter and hope something came up on the screen, or else you’d have to do it again.

Oh…and Atari 2600…cutting edge stuff! Try Atari Pro-Am Super Pong. No cartridges, the only games you could play were the ones loaded on the machine. Still a classic, too. :smiley:

just to keep this straight the 64 stood for 64 kb of ram. yeah that was one fast and versatile machine. …all I remember doing with it was running those sweet programs that would write things all over the screen. 10 print “van halen rules” 20 goto 10

competition is brutal nowadays. ppl couldnt even take CFA test without a recommendation (or so i heard). average gmat scores going up. the emphasis now shifts to community involvement in addition to the “stats.” all these knowledge forums level the playing field…

And we also got to go outside more and play more (rather than stay in with computers, Xbox, Ps3’s)

But think about how bad your parents had it. When they wanted to let all the little whipper-snappers know just how easy they have it, they had to track them down one by one. You get the luxury of letting hundreds know with just a few key strokes. Must be nice… j/k

I have to thank everyone who brought about the new technology since they made me a part of this new competition. If it wasn’t for the internet and it’s information, I’d still be working for my uncle plumbing business like I was doing when I graduated high school back in 92. He’s still looking for good tradesmen if anyone wants to bow out gracefully. slouiscar - You still have Cinderella on your Ipod, don’t you? :slight_smile:

I imagine you are just making fun of me but I can’t resist… to be truthful I was never a big hair band fan and cinderella still misses the cut. The only monster ballad that stood the test of time for me and has a spot on my ipod is “I remember you” and that was skid row for anyone too young to appreciate anything without driving bass or profanity. Remember yesterday - -walking hand in hand Love letters in the sand - -I remember you Through the sleepless nights and every endless day Id wanna hear you say - I reememburr you Weve had our share of hard times But thats the price we paid And through it all we kept the promise that we maaeeyade I swear youll never be lonely ***insert screeching guitar solo here*** wow guitar solos, remember those. I just may have to play that for my lady on thurs.

I remember my first computer was when my family had this shi#tty comp in the early 90’s. My uncle who was a computer genious because he “understood” HTML told us to buy it just before he got fired from his job for not knowing what he was talking about. It had 4MB of ram and a 28k modem. So I got a game called “Decent” which was a groundbreaking classic by the way and it needed 8MB of ram to run and we upgraded the ram, but my uncle spent the whole time telling us that it was rediculous and there’s no reason any computer would need 8mb of ram.

I was just making fun because you made me remember spending hours trying to get my computer to do anything other than goto10 and fill my screen. That and remembering all my wasted time trying to memorize tables so I could quickly convert quotes that were listed as 15 9/32 or 18 7/64.

I remember playing games on my apple II, one was called Spork or Nork or something, and it was just words! Like “You walk into the room and you see a knife. what do you want to do?” And you actually had to TYPE “Pick up the knife”. Good times. I was born in '71, and as far as I’m concerned, WE had it easy. There are NO barriers to information anymore. If you want to know anything, at any time, just google it. And with that much unrestricted access to information 24/7, everything moves MUCH faster now. If I could get my flux capacitor to work again and generate 1.21 jigowatts, I’d go back to 1985 in a heartbeat.

Anyone remember Commodore 64?