Mexico

If fentanyl usage keeps growing, it will shift focus from Mexico to China and India where they have pro pharma labs. Even though Mexican cartels distribute fentanyl using raw materials from China and India, the biggest “distributor” is technically the US post office because it is so easy to package up. I don’t know much about it, but I have some friends who are DEA, and when I hear them talking they talk about fentanyl, not weed, heroin, cocaine, or crystal meth.

Are we sure about that though? The drug/people pipeline is no longer 3rd parties on this side. Cartels are active in parts of the U.S. that some people would be very surprised about. The violence is still mostly limited to pockets of Hispanic populations, so it largely goes unreported. That level of restraint will not last forever. Legalization will (it will happen eventually) just decrease profits and drive up competition, and competition in this trade is deadly.

I don’t think cartels will ever control large sections of the country like they do in Mexico, but they definitely have already established a foothold.

Yes it will. This is why El Chapo lost his sh*t when they started extradition and why the mob was broken down up here. It’s a different game because they can’t control the government and they don’t control the people.

Legalize human trafficking, kidnapping, extortion, and bribery. We’ll force the cartel to start their own MLM scheme.

Wait, that’s way worse.

Under citizens united mexican cartels can probably set up a PAC and control the gov that way.

Related image

supposedly the most powerful organized crime are the yakuza.

https://www.therichest.com/shocking/the-16-most-powerful-criminal-organizations-of-all-time/

im not into black chicks. aside from the random grinding or acting as wing man. ive only made out with 1 a long time ago. like a year post college. anyways she did have modeleque features. also i totally messed up, she was actaully eritrean which is different.

She was a tran???

IT’S MA’AM!

I’ve hooked up with one. . . Would do it again too.

You need to educate me with pics. Maybe I’ll change my mind. Cherry pick the hottest anyways what can i say. it is what it is. i could lie like most people and say i dont meet them much, and though that may be true, it would still be disingenuous.

Yes, this is well documented, interested in seeing how it plays out. China is arranging most of the financing and the terms are pretty rough, will be interesting when the inevitability of their differences in cultural approaches plays out. Jiangxi and MMG are both getting a crash course with the honeymoons over. Who knows though, supposed to be major population explosion in Africa over the next 40 years, will be interesting.

the amount of people is not hte only thing important. they also need to be productive. the chinese grew their population and prodcutvity at the same time. that is waht makes them a success. india had a similar trajectory in population, but did not increase their productivity, which is a shame. china would not have been as strong as they are now had they been more useful.

Sometimes its worthwhile to talk about Africa holistically the same way its worth talking about Asia or the West, Europe, etc. But your general point is also true, don’t disagree it is a simplification.

But generally I think we’re on the same page. Zimbabwe and the DRC are just so fantastically bad at everything. I need to spend some significant time in Africa given the role it’s going to play going forward.

Ethiopian restaurants always have beautiful wait staff

I agree, one thing on China mercantilst policy is that they allow their state owned companies to finance infrastructure deals in Africa, Bolivia, Jordan, Pakistan and elsewhere by requiring that the borrower use Chinese construction companies and their designated labor…so they get a lot of the money back. It is a mutual-benefit scheme. The CCP needs to deliver growth to keep their population satisfied and docile. The emerging market countries know they won’t pay back the loans.

China will beat the us because of policies that follow self interest as oppose to silly economic theories.

China invented gun powder but not the gun, running water but not indoor plumbing… Once a China company achieves some success, they tend to switch from innovation to preservation of their competitive advantage. It’s sort of human nature, so the Americans created shareholder equity model to have professional managers who continue to try and grow. China won’t surpass the US until they allow free float of companies, create a country that is attractive to the best talent from around the world, liberalize immigration… And, most likely, adopt English as the main written and spoken language…not gonna happen any time soon.

i dont think any of those are important. china just needs to do what its been doing for the past 30 years and the us will be eclipsed in a couple decades. anyways time will tell.