Might be warming up to Elizabeth Warren..... change my mind : -)

Clearly, you never worked at a tech start-up. Yes, they ate buying them up so they wouldn’t compete, BUT are they creating a monopoly? You are missing the point, that real monopoly is monopoly over user data, but hey, what would you do, ask companies for it to be publically available? Everything that google does is driven by user data they gathered. If you break it apart, will two companies share that data?

Also, re: one smart person doing everything. Why do you think top single contributors in big tech paid millions a year? They are like traders, they make or break the firm revenue.

Welp, that was fun. I declare victory over CSK. Sorry your career in tech (only requires 1 smart person) didn’t work out the way you hoped.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/mergers

Many mergers benefit competition and consumers by allowing firms to operate more efficiently. But some mergers change market dynamics in ways that can lead to higher prices, fewer or lower-quality goods or services, or less innovation.

Section 7 of the Clayton Act prohibits mergers and acquisitions when the effect “may be substantially to lessen competition, or to tend to create a monopoly.” The key question the agency asks is whether the proposed merger is likely to create or enhance market power or facilitate its exercise. The greatest antitrust concern arises with proposed mergers between direct competitors (horizontal mergers). The FTC and the DOJ have developed Horizontal Merger Guidelines that set out the agencies’ analytical framework for answering that key question, and have provided a Commentary on the Horizontal Merger Guidelines that provides many specific examples of how those principles have been applied in actual mergers reviewed by the agencies.

Is she in favor of banning Senators and Congress from trading stocks while in office? That practice is so ridiculous to me. Not only do they have inside information, they can literally influence the outcome. I get they are covered by MNPI, but come on. If there is an anti-corruption candidate that is probably my pick.

A) There’s a thing called licensing data. If you knew anything about coding you wouldn’t as such a silly question.

B) The fact that a few people are better paid or more important does not mean 1 smart person literally can do everything. It’s so dumb it barely is worth addressing but there’s a reason you don’t see single employee trading shops just like you don’t see single employee startups of any worth.

Problem is most people code on a 2d screen. The greats program on 3d and even 4k screens some times, racing around their oddly shaped screens and creating value with every step.

Lol @ licensing data. You have no idea how much and what kind of data tech companies collect, and certainly i am not going to share this information

^ oh come on; you can’t make a statement like that and not provide some sort of explanation.

He’s saying these tech companies are arms of the alphabet agencies and their sole purpose is to impose a surveillance state on the citizens. This is not hyperbole. Facebook’s predecessor is a DARPA program called LIFELOG. It’s all there folks. They track and warehouse everything. Everything you type, everything within earshot of a microphone, everything in viewing range of any device’s camera. Everything.

^ You know CW, you might just be crazy like a fox. A little while ago, me and my wife were talking about signing up our son for karate, and mentioned a certain studio in town. Just after that, my wife sees this ad on her phone while on FB, or something, can’t remember, advertising that studio. She never googled the studio, never called them. So ya, someone’s listening.

You dont need to google studio. You can just post question on FB about Karate, or purchase coupon to some other martial arts, or buy form on amazon or many other things that can narrow down your interest.

Not going to speculate on whether mic is always on, as i dont know, but maybe BS can educate us on wiretapping laws

All i can say is that algorithms are very intelligent and lawmakers have no idea how they work, as can clearly cab be seen from Mark Zuckerberg testimony

funny.

No the wife didn’t use google, didn’t post anything on FB about karate, nothing.

I don’t have FB.

I know for a fact that your iphone is constantly recording and everything is linked across devices. There are a myriad of examples where for instance a coworker walks over to me, talks about going out for happy hour with his phone in his pocket, walks back to his work terminal and starts getting ads for the restaurant we talked about with nobody having entered anything or somebody else is on a smart phone talking to a friend about an object and you’re surfing and start getting ads. Part of the reason I dropped smart phones. Interestingly I was talking to friend on my dumb phone, he on his iphone about his attending “NYU” and mentioned that I’d been doing some coursework at a “local engineering school”, I’m in the Boston area. Five minutes after hanging up, I get an email from NYU’s school of engineering. His phone scraped the conversation, referenced my number, linked it to my gmail, there we are. The bigger issue is the poor policing of apps data usage. People just randomly download a lot of apps not realizing all of the data they are scraping.

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/wjbzzy/your-phone-is-listening-and-its-not-paranoia

Turns out you don’t need to look at wiretapping laws, but we already established that CSK wandered into a topic he didn’t have any clue about, threw out some vague platitudes in an attempt to save face and is now bitter about it.

lol instead of measuring dick size why cant we all just get along.

You are right, i have been thoroughly

defeated by Black Swan, the oracle

of AF, the ultimate visionary

Or just go straight to it and get the pissing contest over with.

Classic Asian.

when i think of small town girls living in a lonely world. i think of you.

^ why? is he a city boy, born and raised in south detroit?