MLB Umpire Bull$#%@

hi SkipE99, long time man. : )

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pitcher should be happy for the messed up call > since it will give him more fame in the long run. Yeah, I would be ecstatic too if my one shot at a perfect game was ruined on the 27th out by a sh!tty call.

^ think of it, can you name the other guys who got a perfect game? can you name the guy who got robbed of the perfect game? the former set is dozens of times bigger than the latter, which is much more rare.

^ Not in 30 years. I doubt it many will remember the robbed perfect game decades from now.

Hes got a point. The most famous 1st baseman I know is Bill Buckner. Just sayin.

I will remember Roy Halladay’s perfect game, but I’m a Phillies fan. I already forget the name of the guy who got screwed, but I can’t remember the guy who pitched the first perfect game this season either. I remember David Wells’ perfect game 10 or so years ago, although I have no idea why.

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ Not in 30 years. > > I doubt it many will remember the robbed perfect > game decades from now. Sure they will. Do you know who Don Denkinger is? Exactly.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I remember David Wells’ perfect game 10 > or so years ago, although I have no idea why. probably because he was the fattest slob to ever do so. here’s a question - who caught both wells’ and cone’s pg’s?

^ it was Joe Girardi - current Yanks manager

Actually Posada caught Wells’s game. Girardi only caught Cone’s.

yup, you’re right. it was posada. i’m really off this week