MM course cons

What do you mean he moved it to reddit? So your questions are going to be asked there? Don’t get it.

If I want to use levelup, I will simply do it, why would I “need” to look for an execuse?

Cons:

1. He doesn’t have the charter

2. Is suing magician and therefore a total doosh

1. Meh … Some of the writers of the CFA curriculum are not CFA Charterholders!! Does this discount the curriculum. I don’t see the charter as a prerequisite to understand the materials and be able to teach it, investment management is not a new discovery by the CFA Institute.

2. Couldn’t care less if he is a doosh or not, only care about his ability to help me clear the final exam and get my charter! Although I dislike his cocky attitude, but I think I could get past that.

They could come here.

But it is not about his mock exam, is it. The course, all of it is what matters. The explanations in the videos mainly. The mock exams can be bought from othe providers too.

I am not as old but I definitely agree that nothing beats your own handwritten notes! Only difference is that I write it on my iPad which doesn’t make it seem like old school much :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing the details, will probably pursue a similar strategy. I am not the type that kill it mocks anyways.

Thank you so much for the great detailed feedback! Planning to study from the curriculum along with MM videos, so will probably cover whatever that’s not covered. Equity is not that technical by nature and I hear that it is a bit easy at L3, probably why he doesn’t cover it in great detail.

Handwritten notes are the way to go. You’d be surprised about how much more you retain in your long term memory when you write your notes by hand.

Many thanks for taking the time to write your experience in this detail, very helpful indeed! I have the time to do a thorough study if I want to, so I a m planning to do it, no use of redoing the exam, better put in the efforts now. I doubt his mocks would be bad, he did write some sections in the L2 mocks that were written by magician, it was fine. As for mocks. I can buy from other providers, can use CFAI’s and do the curriculum questions… a lot of practice already and I am not the type that practices much anyway.

Even though MM has a video up emphasizing that hand writing notes doesn’t have any benefits and only wastes time lol. I agree that it is helpful, plus, since you’ve written it yourself, it will be easy to understand later. I’ve never used formula sheets or briefs prepared by other, couldn’t understand them, always made my own

Agree with everything you’ve said based on my L2 experience with him. Thank you for taking the time to share the details!

Yep, there is no forum anymore.

So subscribers can only comment below the video or ask on Reddit.

Or . . . shudder! . . . here.

The only weak spot of the 2019 MM material was GIPS (as was the pension accounting in his 2018 LVL2 material). That said, I passed both exams on the first try as his stuff are otherwise excellent. Cost is low too, think around 350 canadian bucks or something like that

Can you believe it that I had no idea there were forums until May when people were posting mock exam questions :grin: and i would not have found out if it were not for the posted questions! I guess that’s why I am not bummed out about the forums and the questions, I don’t ask that many anyway.

Agreed! It is why I ended up making the decision and regitered with him. Now I can start my official studies.

Finally you decided for MM? I’m collecting info…will decide during this week.

Yes officially registered, let’s see how it goes. At the end of the day, it all boils down to your hard work.

For what it’s worth - I say go with MM if you don’t have too much time. I didn’t read any of the CFAI text at all, nor the famous blue box questions, nor the qbanks.

MM videos were so helpful in gaining the full picture and the walkthrough of EOC and review videos were even more valuable.

I went through all of his videos and made my own notes. Did 1 MM mock and then focused on past Am exams. Wrote past 5yr AM exams twice, did EOC twice. Passed with >90% percentile.

Dr. Meldrum can’t satisfy everyone in terms of notes and answering questions but he certainly knows how to teach the important stuff. Plus I found his voice to be the most clear and soothing among all providers (Wiley’s voice always put me to sleep)