Mock exam scores vs Real exam scores?

thank u all for this wonderfull coments

ph00bb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mona_porsche_targa4s Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CFAI mock 54% > > And schweser mocks ( book 1 only ) never > exceeded > > 68% > > And I passed > > I felt the real exam was more straight forward > > plus no tricky questions > > > Totally agree with you > > I only used CFAI textbooks for my preparation. > Just reading the text and taking notes but it took > me a lot of time and I finished all the text about > 3 days before the exam :frowning: > > I did CFA sample exam on 2 days before the exam, > got 55% > > I did CFA mock exam the day just before the exam, > got 59% for AM and 62% for PM > > But I passed :D, as the real exam was way straight > forward Be careful with this. Just because the exam was more straightforward in 2009 doesn’t mean it will be in 2010. I took L1 in 2008 and the exam was just as, if not less straightforward then the mock exams. I thought the ambiguity of the 2008 exam was somewhat extreme until I took L2 in 2009. It’s extremely difficult to determine what you’re going to get with the CFAI. The best advice I can give you is just to know the information. That’s it. Just know it and you’ll be fine.

My first Schweser mock in April yielded a score just shy of 70% although I was split 50-50 between >70 and the other two scoring ranges. On subsequent Schweser mocks (I took all six half-tests in Volume I), I raised my scores to the mid 70s. I took two CFA mocks (half-tests) and scored exactly 70% on each one. None of these results made me especially confident about passing but since I had never done worse than a 68%, I figured I would be close. I passed Level I with all >70% except a 50-70 in Derivatives, which means I was one or two questions away from >70. In my opinion, the CFA mocks were more realistic and a bit more difficult than the Schweser mocks. I thought the Schweser mocks were better for learning than for actually predicting exam success.

Mine CFA Mock 1 - 78% CFA Mock 2 - 74% In Schweser my max was 72% Passed CFA L1

I scored a 64% on the am two days before the test. I started freaking out and I re-read a lot of the alternative, derivates, and fixed income schweser notes just to refresh my memory. I also took a lot of time in the last day to really understand ethics and the parts of FRA that were giving me troubles. I am definitely a crammer. I didn’t have time to take the PM and I luckily passed the exam. Looking back, I AM SO GLAD I READ THE SCHWESER sections right before the test. There seemed to be a lot of specific questions that I would not have known otherwise. That is what put me over the top. Good luck to all in December.

I scored around 60% on 2 mocks 1 month and 2 weeks before the actual exam, I don’t remember the exact scores. Passed the test with Ethics, Quants and Fixed Income between 50-70%, and AI below 50%. I could not make myself read Schweser notes, and even have not had a look at CFAI texts, but I watched Schweser online classes almost regularly and I did some tests on Schweser Q-bank

Nodes, Do I sound like advertisement for Schweser? :slight_smile: I am just a loyal customer, I got a pretty high GMAT long time ago with their help (I mean Kaplan). By the way, the mocks and tests I took were from my employer and from the local CFA society, and in the last 2 weeks I used a little Qbank

pfcfaataf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > for me cfai Mock and Real exam were equal, several > questions were exactly the same. If you can score > above 80 pct (mock), you can be 99.9 pct sure you > will pass the real one. > > good luck! Did not apply to L2 this year! God I am not looking forward to the results.