Mock exam

spreads Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Here’s the email response I got: > ___, > > Glad to see you’re getting the use and value of > our PassMaster, we don’t normally have any > discounts on our ancillary products, but if there > were 3 or more people interested in buying the > passmaster I could take $50 off so instead of $350 > they would get it for $300. > > Disclaimer: I have no affliation with this > company, this is just the contact I had via the > Stalla software. If you and two others are > interested I’ll just pass your contact emails to > him. Thanks man! I will try CFA mock early next week and will then decide whether to get additional material for practice. Hopefully, I will get to spend the money on something else! :slight_smile:

as a side note, the elan 2000 practice questions are AWESOME at $150 plus whatever discount they give you and should be all you need (plus the official cfa mock)

tkiv Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > as a side note, the elan 2000 practice questions > are AWESOME at $150 plus whatever discount they > give you and should be all you need (plus the > official cfa mock) Yup, I got them. I don’t know how close they are to the actual exam questions… But I haven’t done any questions other than Elan and CFA… Hopefully, it will still work out…

do all EOC questions as well.

Are you referring to the 2 MOCKS in PDFs? Or are there actually MOCKS that have to be done online when you log in to CFAI website? THanks

The mock exam is a pdf. Sample exams are online.

is anyone here planning to attend to the scheweser live mock exam ?

Cinderella Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The mock exam is a pdf. Sample exams are online. I’m gonna give one a shot tomorrow, not quite rdy but will see how it goes…did u guys just time yourselves like a regular exam are just plow through it non-stop?

spreads Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Cinderella Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The mock exam is a pdf. Sample exams are > online. > > > I’m gonna give one a shot tomorrow, not quite rdy > but will see how it goes…did u guys just time > yourselves like a regular exam are just plow > through it non-stop? I put 3 hr alarm on the clock… you wont need that much time though. Once I was done, I took half an hour break and then took the next one…

I have done the first half of the CFA mock and 2 full Elan mocks. I thought the CFA financial reporting section was way tougher

Agreed - if I recall from last year, the CFAI mock was at least 25 per cent more difficult than the real exam.

I would love that this year. :slight_smile:

I thought the CFA mock was quite representative of the real exam. Hope they didn’t have any errors on the real one. Gordon Gecko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Agreed - if I recall from last year, the CFAI mock > was at least 25 per cent more difficult than the > real exam.

So I took the CFA mock yesterday. It was tough, definitely. Overall result was fine but I realized I stink at Ethics! I realized how the CFA institute expects you to understand details of everything in every topic and I am focusing on that now. My suggestion would be that people should take the mock asap. It will tell them their weak areas and they will know what exactly is expected of them. Best.

I got maximum wrong answers on Ethics for both morning and afternoon session. For almost, each question in ethics I was torn between two choices. I hope it wont be as hard in real exam. anish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So I took the CFA mock yesterday. It was tough, > definitely. Overall result was fine but I realized > I stink at Ethics! I realized how the CFA > institute expects you to understand details of > everything in every topic and I am focusing on > that now. My suggestion would be that people > should take the mock asap. It will tell them their > weak areas and they will know what exactly is > expected of them. Best.

Just did half of one of Elan’s Mocks…it was pretty clear the areas I didn’t review (econ and quant) and FRA (being one of my weakest) were where I struggled…for you guys that have done both, are Elan’s on par with the CFAIs? They state their exams are more difficult (elan) but somehow I doubt that…

Hey folks, I created a very simple excel worksheet to keep track of your exam results, if you want it post your email (I’d rather not post mine) and I’ll send it too you.

spreads Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just did half of one of Elan’s Mocks…it was > pretty clear the areas I didn’t review (econ and > quant) and FRA (being one of my weakest) were > where I struggled…for you guys that have done > both, are Elan’s on par with the CFAIs? They > state their exams are more difficult (elan) but > somehow I doubt that… I have done Elan Mock 1 and CFA Mock. CFA Mock is certainly much tougher than Elan Mock 1. CFA FRA is awesome!

For me Elan ethics was easier but Elan FI was brutal! Rest of the sections are at par with the CFA mock.

I did a Élan mock and scored 51%. Not to mention I took 20 extra minutes. Élan says you should be happy if you score above 65. I am thoroughly demoralized now. Any one else took the Élan mock? how did you score?