More competitive Strategy

OK I’m referencing the BookCashDotCom example on page 89 in Schweser. I got 10-13 wrong which is espically disheartening as these question I did last year. 10. The threat of new entrants is = B. High given the low start-up cost for BCDC. “Low capital requirements demonstrated by the initial start-up operations suggest a high trheat of new entrants.” Um wouldn’t high capital requirements make more sense? 11. BS - Business Clubs are don’t view as suppliers just because they might have client leads 12. BS - Its not clear that the “paperback” is a substitute. Besides how is it not rivalry among competition. 13. OK here is the big one. How do you describe the competitive strategy. I’m looking into the focus. Now what should I be looking at the industry OR the region. It says the company services all of America. Sweet not a focus strategy. Wait a second the industry I should be lookng at (the online auction market.) SERIOIUSLY I HATE THIS CRAP. WHAT THE HECK DEFINES FOCUS!!!

i totally agree…i used to get all these wrong too… :slight_smile: you do need to calm down though…don’t let this get to you!

Pinkman, I am doing this from memory from a couple of weeks ago, so take it with a grain of salt. thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > OK I’m referencing the BookCashDotCom example on > page 89 in Schweser. I got 10-13 wrong which is > espically disheartening as these question I did > last year. > > 10. The threat of new entrants is = B. High > given the low start-up cost for BCDC. > > “Low capital requirements demonstrated by the > initial start-up operations suggest a high trheat > of new entrants.” Um wouldn’t high capital > requirements make more sense? No. You don’t have to have any cash to get into this business, so any Joe could start up a firm and be your competition. > > 11. BS - Business Clubs are don’t view as > suppliers just because they might have client > leads > I don’t understand your explanation here and can’t really remember this one. > 12. BS - Its not clear that the “paperback” is a > substitute. Besides how is it not rivalry among > competition. Rivalry is only between competitors. In this case they were selling used books via an auction site. The substitue was to ignore the used book market and go with new books (paperbacks). > > 13. OK here is the big one. How do you describe > the competitive strategy. I’m looking into the > focus. Now what should I be looking at the > industry OR the region. It says the company > services all of America. Sweet not a focus > strategy. Wait a second the industry I should be > lookng at (the online auction market.) Geograhpy doesn’t always correlate with the scope. Used book sales is the industry and they are focusing only in the online auction part of that industry. > > SERIOIUSLY I HATE THIS CRAP. WHAT THE HECK > DEFINES FOCUS!!! I could be off. If no one else jumps in I will take a look at my books when I get home.