Most difficult interview ever..

I was asked how to write “Hello World” in english Struggled for a while

Ocean Mist Wrote: > One person wanted to > play hardball and asked questions like, “What > differentiates you from other people, and what can > you bring to the table that others can’t?” > ALSO, connections are KEY. You would be surprised > at how connections to people can get you in the > door for some interviews. Even here! ESPECIALLY > HERE! (Did you read my “What’s your job” thread?) > Sometimes, the connections come from random places > too. I just found out that one of my teacher’s > progeny had a top position at a fortune 500 > company. A student of mine that is fairly wealthy > is friends with partners at accounting firms and > even offered to set up a meeting with me (out of > the blue). This is not to mention how previous > coworkers are also instrumental. Use your network. > I think the most important thing is to cultivate > relationships - not only on the professional > level, but on a personal stratum. For me, the > reason why people are willing to go out of their > way to help me is because I have a genuine > relationship with these people. Makes all the > difference. If you think that a run-of-the-mill interview question is playing hardball, I should hope you have an awful long list of contacts…and/or a nice looking smile (they often go together)…

^Haha, point taken. It was one of my first interviews and I was taken aback by the aggressiveness. Not so much the question itself. Found a way to steer the convo to other topics. Most of the jobs I was interviewing for at the time were entry-level consulting / accounting / general finance, so they were more interested in conversational skills than how to recite pi to the 100th decimal. I realize it’s different if you’re mid-level & above and/or in more quant-related fields.

my first few interviews out of college were mostly fit