Most overrated cuisine

I’ve had the burger thing and hand pulled noodles, very good.

Also, I always get chicken feet when I get dumplings if they have them, really good!

Yes. My previous manager was from Scotland and his wife made it for me. That’s not something Scottish people eat for breakfast every day.

Have to add New Orleans to the list of places where the food sucks. Everyone goes apes h it over it and I can’t stand it.

do you like seafood?

Yep, love it. But, I hate green peppers which are in just about everything. And for whatever reason I can’t stand po boys, muffulettas, or crepes.

I did have some really good shrimp at Mr. B’s. That’s one place I’d go again.

Obviously not. My point is that it’s not exactly food getting served up in fancy restaurants but it doesn’t mean that it’s bad. You also can’t get proper haggis in the US and the sausages aren’t the same. A lot of meat in the US is terrible.

You can’t possibly know if I’ve had it or not without being there while I was eating it. I’ve traveled all over Europe and think the meat there is shit compared to the meat in the USA, but there are one or two exceptions. We’re entitled to our own opinions, though. Uruguay’s, Australia’s, and Argentina’s meat easily ties the USA for best flavor.

^ “obviously not” was directed at your comment about Scottish people not eating a full Scottish breakfast every day. It wasn’t doubting that you’ve sampled it. Although, if you did sample it in the US i can 100% say it wouldn’t be the same as the real thing as authentic haggis is banned in the US.

You do get a lot of good meat in the US but some of the practices that lead to your average meat on supermarket shelves are deplorable. growth hormones in beef, farmed fish, chemicals the rest of the world has banned in animal feed, chlorinated chicken etc. etc.

If you’re mentioning Uruguay, Australia and Argentina I’m assuming you’re referring to beef. I wonder where they got it from?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_cattle

Speaking of banned food, I want to try those little birds you eat with a napkin over your head a la Billions and Succession.

And, speaking of beef, coming from the second best cattle town in the US (I’ll concede Chicago is the best), obviously the cattle needs good genetics, but most of the flavor/texture comes from what they eat and their living conditions. For example, grain fed beef is way, way better than range fed. Plus a million other variables. The sense I get is most beef outside the US is range fed (Japan excluded). That’s just never going to be as good as grain fed.

Had porchetta today for the first time, nice sized hero sandwich… was damn good, have to admit.

first porchetta? damn what a treat! place i like to get cold cuts from has a ham wrapped in porchetta its freaking amazing.

i dont know which one i want

https://www.beefmagazine.com/beef-quality/grass-fed-vs-grain-fed-ground-beef-no-difference-healthfulness

Indian food is overrated. Paki food is the best. Any of you bitches say different then you dnt know shizzle. Come to London I’ll take you for paki food, we’ll drink beer too then go to the rippers and grope chicks.

If you ever need recommendations, let me know. While hating one of the ingredients in the holy trinity is pretty tough to get around, I think you could manage. There are lots of restaurants like Mr B that most tourists just don’t go to.

What? I’m a ‘each to their own’ kind of guy but I struggle to comprehend how someone could prefer grain fed to grass fed beef. I get why Kobe beef is fed with grain to promote the marbled fat but I see that as a different category.

This must be one of those American stockholm syndrome type things like rejoicing in not getting any time off work or thinking that poor people don’t deserve health care.

Good call on Malaysia. Curry laksa has to be one of my favourite things in the world.

Also, Ugly Delicious is great TV. I don’t get the Chang hate, he’s outspoken and bit bolshy but then so are most people in NYC.

hmmmm. my interest in london has gone up significantly

Do they have metoo over there, asking for a friend