MPS Cutoff dart board for 2014

When you say dissapointed with the difficulty, do you mean that this year’s was more difficult or less than last year’s?

fordperfect, thanks for sharing all of the data. It’s appreciated.

I think it’s interesting that nobody scoring >70% in Ethics ended up in Band 10. If true, this seems to be objective evidence (although clearly not direct) of the mythical “Ethics Adjustment”.

I created this gsheet to help me quantify my odds of passing based on practice exams I took, over time as more and more factual, accurate and honest entries get made, we should have a tool, that can predict your ability to pass an exam based on the practice scores of your exams.

Feel free to enter your practice score and compare against past results

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At0Q_oPbnoVKdE5qSnV1U0dMWGNndV90VlRUa3lyQmc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

80% in ethics?? Better be a good guesser. The ethics questions are such ambiguous bulls**t you couldn’t be certain of getting 80% right even if the test was open book.

I had band 10 with >70 on ethics for L1

Yep, so true

IMHO, this year’s exam was equal to the difficulty of last year’s. By defining dissappointed, the material in the books are pretty complex and some of the bb questions (i recall one from pensions specifically) go into great detail. I think this provides ample room to create questions of equal complexity instead of, what i believe to be, surface level, level 1 like questions. I think this year’s exam was too broad with their questions and i would have more respect for questions developed on a high level of granularity.

HAHA! Sorry! How about 63 - 67%? (The lower the better, of course)

that will get u a handjob

60-63% should be i

It was disappointing to see areas actually relevant to valuation and analysis left out, in favour of formula plugging and regurgitation from an area people pretty much wrote off as adding no value. Lesson learnt I guess…

That said, I’m guessing MPS will unfortunately be pretty high, as I can imagine how well some candidates with good memories will score.

I would say probably 63%-65% with a good ethics score, 65%-67% with a sub 70% in ethics.

Unfortunately, you never do as well as you think you did. If that was the case, most members here would be getting in the high 80s. This forum is the minority and most likely scores much higher than the population as a whole.

+1