mwvt9

hey buddy. so my friend just called and happened upon 2 free tix to the pens-flyers game at 3, and i turned him down cold to study. should i call him back, even though i don’t care about the 2 teams? note, he’s a pens fan.

ng, You are already taking practice exam and getting passing scores and we are fifty days out! If I was that prepared I would take out 3 hours to see a NHL playoff game. Even if you don’t care about the teams, it would still be cool to be in that atmosphere. Down 2-0 the place will be jumpin.

Also, since you don’t care at all who wins, you must root for the Pens. If I find out you are pulling for the flyers I will withhold any knowlege that may help you on this exam (I realize this isn’t much of a threat). Go man go!!!

Dude I suck. Hit him back up little bit later but was too late.

Aaarrrrrrrrrghgh!! You should have said yes earlier. I have it on DVR right now, so don’t tell me what happens. I am going to watch it quickly later.

I just watched the game it is a corker…

glad i didn’t pass up on a good one!

What is a corker?

mwvt, where are you in your studies now? i need some structure since i’ve finished the eoc questions…

I am behind. When I finished the CFAI text, I decided to try to do a REALLY aggressive read through schweser. My plan was to go through two SS per week AND do EOC questions along with some q-bank. This would have left me with 4 weeks left to do exams and lots of questions. I can’t hold this pace though. It is way too much. I don’t remember anything from my first read though, so I have to get through schweser and I have to get to EOC and previous years exams. Bottom line is that I don’t know what to cut out. I do know I don’t want to have only 2 weeks for exams at this level. Got any advice? Edit: I am on SS14 right now. Skipped 1 and 2 in schweser.

Do you feel like going through schweser is helping? i didn’t read the curriculum, so it’s hard for me to tell how helpful reading schweser is AFTER you’ve already read the curriculum… Maybe hit schweser hard on the sections that you feel like you need the most review in? wait. what the hell am i talking about. you know what you have to do… you’re going to figure it out and dominate this thing, mwvt… seriously… i’m stressed out now, man… i don’t feel like i’m going to pass this thing on the first try… don’t know why i feel that way… that needs to change here in the last month and a half.

I think you could save time on the EOC questions by not writing out all of the long drawn-out solutions to the qualitative ?'s. Just thinking through the solution and then focusing on the answer to make sure that you understand it might be enough. Maybe save Q-bank for times when you’re really worn out and unable to focus on the reading or harder EOC ?'s. I usually do Q-bank after work on weekdays because I don’t have the energy for much else. I’m sure you’ll want to finish Schweser. Maybe take notes on which areas you think you’ll need to spend extra time on as you go. I started jotting down lists of stuff that I’m not real clear on and I’m going to focus on nailing it down in the next week or so. Edit: I feel like I learned at about 85% of my L3 knowledge through my second read through Schweser (after 1st read of CFAI). Nothing seemed to stick w/ my first read. The text is just way to drawn out.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do you feel like going through schweser is > helping? i didn’t read the curriculum, so it’s > hard for me to tell how helpful reading schweser > is AFTER you’ve already read the curriculum… I started reading the texts a LONG time ago. Then I had a long layoff in the middle with the passing of my MIL. It would be an understatement to say that nothing stuck. I mean nothing. I am going through schweser now and it seems all new.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think you could save time on the EOC questions > by not writing out all of the long drawn-out > solutions to the qualitative ?'s. Just thinking > through the solution and then focusing on the > answer to make sure that you understand it might > be enough. This is a good idea. > > Maybe save Q-bank for times when you’re really > worn out and unable to focus on the reading or > harder EOC ?'s. I usually do Q-bank after work on > weekdays because I don’t have the energy for much > else. Q-bank will be the first thing I drop if I run out of time. I will use it more as a backup. > > I’m sure you’ll want to finish Schweser. Maybe > take notes on which areas you think you’ll need to > spend extra time on as you go. I started jotting > down lists of stuff that I’m not real clear on and > I’m going to focus on nailing it down in the next > week or so. Yeah, and I like your formula sheet too. > > Edit: I feel like I learned at about 85% of my L3 > knowledge through my second read through Schweser > (after 1st read of CFAI). Nothing seemed to stick > w/ my first read. The text is just way to drawn > out. Having focus directly on the LOSs is imperitive to me. Schweser does that well.

i hear ya, man… i like mcleod’s advice above a lot…

hey mcleod… so you’re just doing old exams now? did you find an answer for the “finding structure” problem? not that you are having ANY problems at this point… and how did you go about making your formula sheet. just going through schweser and transcribing them?

Which exam is the “finding structure” problem on? For the formula sheet, I started out by going through Schweser and writing down pretty much everything that looks testable (excluding the small formulas which are just part of a larger formula etc.). As I go through practice ?'s, I’m marking the formulas that I’ve needed to know at any point for ?'s since they will probably end up being most important. Some of the formulas are just provided for background and may not be needed for LOS related problems.

lol. it’s not a problem from the exam… i meant we were just talking the other day about finding structure in our studying after finishing the eoc problems… it looks like you’ve found out how to study effectively. i like it. it seems like a good plan. i still haven’t taken an official test… just some ips problems and such from really old exams, 2003 and 2004.

Thought I’d chip in…you guys should add a read or two of the Secret Sauce before all is said and done. I can’t recommend that thing enough. It always helps me get a grasp on the big picture that I can’t seem to get by just reading through texts.

ng, my boys got crushed yesterday. Did you have anything to do with that?