mwvt9

Sorry man, that was a beatdown, but no fault of mine. Definitely kicking myself for not going. I’ll bet that rink was rocking after 6 goals!

Have you guys found the CFAI end of chapter problems beneficial? Did you retain the lessons learned? I am currently working through them for SS 1-5, what I think of as the CFAI meat and potatoes, but I don’t know if I should spend the time answereing the EOC Q’s for the smaller weighted topics or if I should move on to old essays and practice exams… any recommendations? Just for context, I’ve done one read through of Schweser, all the schweser video lectures, all of Stalla’s passmaster and I’m working through Q-bank now. Have a million pages of notes and am working on a formula sheet, but have not yet pulled all these lists and formulas together in my mind. Have only used CFAI for ethics.

Hey Il, my advice would be to do CFAI ?s if you are able, but after making sure you can get through practice and old exams. My thoughts are that the latter is much more representative of the real deal. A lot of those CFAI eoc questions are incredibly open-ended, and the answers are a mile long. That’s not how the practice exams are, where you can list a few bullets and be on with it.

i like mcleod’s suggestion above about not wrting all of the answers out to save time… i do think going through them helped me retain some of the stuff… but i think practice exams would achieve the same thing. if you’re short on time, i’d probably choose the practice exams over the eoc questions. but i would at least try to look at some of the problems and answers if you can.

Thanks for the input, guys. I think i’m going to do as many as I can in the next 10 days and then go kamikaze on the practice tests once the calendar says May. Will continue hitting Q-bank at night when my energy level is zero.

Good discussion.

look at the subject of this thread. it’s got to be good!

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lol. it’s not a problem from the exam… i meant we > were just talking the other day about finding > structure in our studying after finishing the eoc > problems… it looks like you’ve found out how to > study effectively. i like it. it seems like a good > plan. i still haven’t taken an official test… > just some ips problems and such from really old > exams, 2003 and 2004.

So I’m ready to do a practive exam this weekend. Which one should I do? Any suggestions? Thanks.

2006 was pretty good (only 1 question not covered this year).