My trip to borgata

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mp2438 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ^ I agree. > > > > Skill - I’ve been unfortunate enough to play by > > your mentality (not bet > 75% of the pot) and > have > > players drunk enough to call me and get lucky > at > > the end. There are plenty of players who don’t > > play by the books and quite frankly suck at > > calculations and the game, and those are the > ones > > you have to be afraid of. More often than not > I’ve > > seen these guys give the $10 on the flop just > to > > chase running diamonds or fish a set with a > small > > pair. > > > > I’d say $40 was overaggressive, but $10 might > have > > been too low. Recall how many $1-2 games you’ve > > played in which the pot was easily $200+. > > The mistake that you both (all) seem to be falling > into is to play down to your competition - it’s > precisely BECAUSE they’re such shitty players that > those games are so easily dominated by anyone who > knows what they’re doing. > > If shitty players wanna chase you down, why would > you stop them? Again, YOU’RE DRAWING TO THE BEST > HAND. > > I’d want the entire table to call my $10 bet, > because now I’ve got $10 into a ~$100 pot and I’ve > got 12 outs to make the stone cold nuts (9 spades > and three tens). > > That’s about a (slightly less, but close enough) > 50% chance of winning the pot, and you’ve put in > 10% of the money. > > That kinda works for me. > > The thing that I certainly wouldn’t do would BE TO > BET $40 OUT OF POSITION ON A DRAW INTO A $10 POT > THAT I HAVE $2 INVESTED IN. > > That’s probably the stupidest thing I’ve ever > heard. > > 1) To try to get “people out of the pot” when > you’re holding a strong draw is moronic > 2) To bet 4X the pot into a limped hand with four > people behind you is moronic > 3) To check the turn is moronic > 4) To go all-in when the board pairs on the river > is moronic > 5) To limp for $2 and then lead out with a bet of > $40 isn’t even moronic - I honestly lack the word > for that move > > Anyways, this horse has been kicked > enough… sir, do you imply i am a moron :)? j/k and i have to agree with skillionaire. He is right.