new cars

This is true.

Two posts above is the most Nery post to date. I lost it when I read about the dick cancer.

turns out his friend had dick cancer all along, he never told anyone because he didnt want his friends to pity him. He secretly yolo-ed and did all the traveling he always dreamed off and finally came to peace with Jesus and Buda

He is a black agnostic Jew. I guess black doesn’t really matter but just thought it was a funny combo. Anyways he is alive and well. He banged some Guggenheim chick in the hr dept last I saw him. I took him to some motel in redondo with said chick.

Dick cancer is highly treatable, high survival rate when you chemo. The more you know!

Carlos Ghosn is the real Nissan Morano.

LOL

Related image

False. Boat RV is the answer:

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za63ltkMGGE]

Antonio’s feelings about Boat RVs after seeing the ad: Image result for antonio banderas laugh gif The laughter… the amazement… the relief… finally an all in one solution to the problem everyone has… Why can’t I drive my boat/RV and live in it too? The search is over. Boat RV Home Life has arrived. Yessssss.

$2.8 Million Dollar RV Tour ~ 2018 Marathon Prevost Motorhome [video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiobIo16AWo]

I think it’d be cool to live in a party bus. But for 2.8m i wouldn’t be down.

Yeah I think it would be cool to have to take a trip from SoCal to Vegas or to Jackson Hole with friends. $2.8 mil is pricey.

I see what you’re trying to say but don’t you think life is also too short to be worrying about money? Most households are in a pretty shitty financial shape (savings rate is low or nonexistent). A recent study showed that about half of American households couldn’t easily cough up $400 (!!!) emergency expense. Luckily I’m far far away from such financial situations and will do anything in my power to keep it that way i.e by not buying or leasing a nice car. I guess it comes down to what you value. I value financial freedom way more than materialistic things and being in a good financial shape makes me feel comfortable with my life and myself. I couldn’t even imagine how mentally tiring it would be to living paycheck to paycheck or being worried if i can pay my bills next month if my boss happens to fire me. In short, forgoing nice things in order to have financial and mental freedom is a small price to pay compared to being in debt and worrying about money constantly (like most Americans do).

I can see someone paying like $2.4 million for an RV, but $2.8 million is a bit on the high side.

Buying a depreciating asset with borrowed money? Definitely not me. I’d rather put that money in SP500. But it’s all about preferences, I guess. I think that I’d only buy a very nice car if the price of the car would be so low compared to my net worth that I wouldn’t even acknowledge it. (and even in that case I might not buy it, a man has to have principles)

it’s ok to buy a depreciating asset with borrowed money as long as rates are low and the asset provides value (aka, makes you more productive).

I agree. I was referring more to cars that are above and beyond their main purpose, which in my opinion is getting from point A to B safely and efficiently.

People don’t know how to rationally measure utility. If only everyone had a helpful non latino BF to explain time value of money to them, amiright?

its actually a fun exercise to dcf costs to see how it impacted your net worth.

consider a a 1k/month payment for 5 years at a 10% interest rate, you would have lowered your potential net worth by 77k!

now take that 77k and compound it by 50 years at 10% at my implied death. that’s 9m! not worth it!

weak. min 30% compounding

Who is implying your time of death? You borrowing money, brah?