new job

I can spell Milwalkee right baby!!

Congrats Country!!! Best of luck

CFAcountry Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I dont know my territory yet. There are a few > open, but I think it will be on the east coast (at > least thats one of the ones they mentioned). Any > advice you can give me would be great. Just remember that your external is actually your boss, not your manager. Do you know if the territories are channelized? One for wirehouses, another for independents for example? Just my opinion, but the wires suck to cover. They’re all too busy writing covered calls and doing transactional business to talk. RIAs are much more fun to cover. Just pray you don’t get the NYC wires.

CFAcountry Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mar350 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CFAcountry Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Internal wholesaler. > > > > can you get me a signed Prince Fielder bat? > > > My family is actually friends with his agent Alan > Nero. Great! - I’ll be up there for a series this summer.

@sweep the leg - I know i will be working with RIA’s and other places such as insurance company reps that have large books of business as well as trying to develop new reps to work with the funds. Not sure about the wirehouses.

Funny enough, I’m nearly positive I know your new boss.

sent me an email…see what who you think it is. I actually dont know the name of the external that im workin with yet since i dont know the territory. cfacountry6 @ gmail

Can’t use personal email at work, so I’ll just say the person I know, a lady, is the hiring manager for internals has the initials LW. There’s another manager there that used to work with my external at a now defunct fund company with the initials of TH. I’ve only met them in passing. My external knows them both really well. Since there are a limited number of fund companies in Milwaukee and I knew this firm was hiring three or four internals I used my CFA power to make an educated guess.

The L would be right, but not the W. The company i will be working for is not actually based out of milwaukee. And TH i havent talked to so i dont know about that one.

Ah, I was guessing Russell.

you were guessing right. company is based out of seattle though. im pretty sure i will have my training in seattle for 2 weeks.

@sweep - just got a call from TH so you are correct on that one