New shaving regime

LaGrandeFinale Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I use Gillette Mach 5 Fusion and usually get rough > skin next day after shaving… any solution to > this? Could be razor specific. Also, how hard do you pull with the razor? I used to have this problem when I was much younger until I figured out that taking two lighter passes is easier than trying to press hard and get a very clean shave on the first pass. I run the Mach 3 over and get the majority of the hair, and then do a second pass against the grain to really smooth things out – never get razor burn or ingrown hairs anymore, which are common problems for people with thick beard hair I think. I also tried about 6 different shaving creams until I found the best one for me. I also only shave immediately after showering so that the skin is warmed up and the hairs pull less. Also, just shaving less often helped me, although not always possible. If you are getting rough skin, you are either using the wrong technique, the wrong razor, or the wrong shaving products that are irritating your skin. Kind of obvious, but just tweak it until you see better results.

thanks supersadface for the info. I have to shave everyday for work, so I might find DE shaving a bit slow, but I’m keen to give it a go.

I quit shaving on October 1. Douchebags at work went 9 days before they said something. I replied with, “Your wife/girlfriend said she likes the way it feels.” Today is day 17 and I bought a Wahl beard trimmer with various attachments and guards. Before 10/1 I used a the Gillette Fusion (non battery operated model) and whatever gel Costco had on the shelve.

i go with this: http://www.theartofshaving.com/ pre-shave gel, shaving cream applied with a brush, and after-shave lotion. helps on your skin and gets me a decent shave. takes a little longer, so i’ve started shaving the night before work instead of every morning.

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pupdawg82 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ^ Who boils water? Don’t you get hot water from > > tap? > > Okay mister fancy pants with plumbing in your > house. I loled.

every day for me…not by choice. i use an electric wet shave by norelco…def faster than regular shave. Envious of those that only need to shave twice a week! I would be a bear!

I hate shaving so much. Seriously for my next job I may have to factor in whether they will allow me to have some scruff.

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hate shaving so much. Seriously for my next job > I may have to factor in whether they will allow me > to have some scruff. I shave on Mondays and then trim the scruff Wed-Fri pretty much. Haven’t heard anything about it yet… I’d just try it and see where it gets you.

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hate shaving so much. Seriously for my next job > I may have to factor in whether they will allow me > to have some scruff. Gotta be one of the best parts about working in Cali – shave twice a week, t-shirt and jeans at work. Love it. Would have to see some kind of incredible opportunity to want to go back to wearing a tie and shaving every morning.

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hate shaving so much. Seriously for my next job > I may have to factor in whether they will allow me > to have some scruff. You can always say you’re a big fan of SF Giants’ Brian Wilson. Fear the beard!

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hate shaving so much. Seriously for my next job > I may have to factor in whether they will allow me > to have some scruff. +1 I changed from a Gillette Mach 3 to a Wilkinson Sword DE razor a few months back and whilst it is a better shave, it took some time to get used to. It can cut the sh$t out of my face unless I take my time (5mins) - I only shave twice a week to keep irritation to a minimum. Plus, I’m saving some £ from not having to buy replacement Gillette blades, which are nothing but extortionate… K