newbie seeks guidance to nail this monster!

swaptiongamma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks junta, my work is nowhere related to > finance. We observe a code freeze in the month of > Nov and that’s when I can start my prep. just out of curiosity… so you just all of a sudden decided you will switch into finance, and thus decided to take up CFA (not to mention pretty late at that)? i think it’s still doable though, this forum is a bit on the conservative/pessimistic side. you have to put some crazy amount of effort in however, unless you are already familiar with the level 1 material, but if you were already familiar with the material, wouldn’t you have gone into finance related work?? anyway, best of luck to you.

Bleron did it in about two weeks and then got panned on LII and we haven’t heard from him again. Bleron is a really smart guy and cocky as hell. I did it in less than a month, but I had an extensive background and spent considerably longer on LII and LIII. To be honest, the exams have gotten more difficult since (although study aids are better too). Cramming like that for this exam is doable but stupid. Theere are three exams and you need to study to pass all of them.

swaptiongamma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Really need some genuine and honest opinion, > fellas! You’re screwed.

Friend, I got airheaded & was fooling around with ya’all this afternoon, wanted to break the boredom of a yet another dull work-week and the cataclysmic equity markets by hearing some witty comments. I have already cleared L1 in Dec-07 and being from an IT background it took me close to 5 months of immense hardwork and sleepless nights to seal the deal. Also gave L2 in Jun-08 but did not manage to clear it in my 1st attempt, will be retaking it again Jun-09 (hopefully the final attempt). Got a new job a month ago and wanted to put my official id to good use :wink: also my old id was very revealing. And what’s better than 2 accounts on AF, you double the fun either sides. I mean 2:1 leverage. All the luck for all you peeps, this indeed is a breadth-taker exam, but all gets paid off with a PASS on the screen on the R-day. I have no good work to do before I hit the L2 books again next year. Till then will be vagabonding across the forums. Also wanted to admonish you guys of some future didoes tricks that L2’ers are good at doing. Creating fake ids and posting on Nov-25th whether L1 “Is it still doable?” Enjoy your Halloween and always opt for “treat” and leave the “trick” part to Af’ers.

swaptiongamma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Friend, I got airheaded & was fooling around with > ya’all this afternoon, wanted to break the boredom > of a yet another dull work-week and the > cataclysmic equity markets by hearing some witty > comments. > > I have already cleared L1 in Dec-07 that was really lame. are you that frakkin bored?

swaptiongamma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Go away dude, don’t wanna waste my time. I heard > the people where really helpful on this site. But > looks like we have some D’bags to welcome me in! > > If you can’t help, just stay away… rather can > you tell me what my screen-name reads? - *papa* *Papi*, you’re the D’bag, liar.

That was indeed some mirror talk between me and d.s :wink:

Both should be BANNED immediately!

swaption - get a girlfriend. someone that does this really needs to get laid.

Hmmm! I don’ t find that funny man!!! Especially for those who are studying and sitting for LI soon. I don’t know if u agree with me guys. May be u should do something else to have more fun.

Hahaha, I found it funny. Relax dudes, you’ll need a sense of humor to get through this monster.

Swanny - I miss you L3 guys so much. We had such a good time here, light moments along with intense esoteric discussions at brobdingnagian depths. I still dream about that 10 page swap thread and banni doing the cartwheel after the valuating the (fixed-for-floation) currency swap Damm… why do I have to fail this thing? Fellas - Chill, I know the exam is round the corner and wanted to break the boredom, though an unsuccessful attempt. All the Luck, you gotta knock this in Dec and study L2 with me in Jun-09.

Amen brotha!

lulz…too classic.

swaptiongamma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Fellas - Chill, I know the exam is round the > corner and wanted to break the boredom, though an > unsuccessful attempt. All the Luck, you gotta > knock this in Dec and study L2 with me in Jun-09. Noooo… Don’t chill guys!!! Create a roar!! Get this D’bag banned immediately!! Noone is permitted to wreck havoc on L1 forum after October starts.

id say dont be disheartened when u get ur result in jan,keep trying