News Blackout in Egypt

Bchad I love reading your posts I sense that given your lucid, nuanced writing style that you have some sort of a liberal arts background, which is really quite refreshing to see as I don’t think there are too many of us on this board. As an aside given your discussion in this thread and the Chinese mother’s one I would recommend Barrington Moore’s Social Orgins of Dictatorship and Democracy. If you haven’t read it already its a pretty interesting piece of political sociology.

bodhisattva Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dreary Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The U.S. is messing up with its foreign > > policy…they bet too early on Mubarak’s fall, > > and they offended their allies in the region and > > betrayed Mubarak. Just about anyone could have > > handled this better than the folks at the > > Whitehouse! > > > This situation has yet to play out so it is far > too early to come to that conclusion. Right, that’s why the U.S. should have taken a more cautious stance. Why gamble? You are suggesting that if we wait, and then things turn out to be as the administration has bet on, we would then say aha, see we bet on the right side! Politics 101 says otherwise.