Nice quanto..

Guys unfortunately i cannot help in this question because I am confused as well

that is true for a SAMPLE. But the question clearly says POPULATION. SO you can go definitely with Normal assumption. I would think the first answer +/- 1.645 * 5 is the right answer, unless this question is not made up and the original poster can provide a plausible answer with the right explanation. I think seriously this is made up, because there are no 4 answer choices to choose from. CP

cpk123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > that is true for a SAMPLE. But the question > clearly says POPULATION. SO you can go definitely > with Normal assumption. I would think the first > answer +/- 1.645 * 5 is the right answer, unless > this question is not made up and the original > poster can provide a plausible answer with the > right explanation. > > I think seriously this is made up, because there > are no 4 answer choices to choose from. > > CP CP, look at the full discussion, I have already posted the solution: Lower end of range = 50 - (3 x 5), upper end of range = 50 + (3 x 5) Range = 35 to 65 I got this question from 7city. I am in the same your situation. Thanks for the cooperation.

I think cpk already posted the solution but he used the wrong k formula.

No CPK. This is not about sample versus population. this is clearly about a distribution that we don’t know exactly what it is. Having a population does not tell you anything about normal or not normal.

part of the problem could be bcos it is from a relatively unknown provider of study solutions. I am not too sure about how 7city stacks up against either the original CFAI material or against the better known Schweser and Stalla factions. CP

cpk123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > part of the problem could be bcos it is from a > relatively unknown provider of study solutions. I > am not too sure about how 7city stacks up against > either the original CFAI material or against the > better known Schweser and Stalla factions. > > CP LOL 7city is specialized in providing CFA courses. It is a well known provider…google it