No Brainer, free marks...

Higher coupon means lower duration. Longer maturity means higher duration. Higher market yield means lower duration.

This thread is just so good! Let’s all keep posting on this one and get updated!

Callable bond benefits the issuer (all other things equal - it will be cheeper) Puttable bond benefts the holder (all other things equal - it will be more expensive)

nPr P = Proper, in order - order matters nCr C = CRaZy , no specific order

nPr P = Proper, in order - order matters nCr C = CRaZy , no specific order = genius

Type I error = the error of REJECTING a null hypothesis when it is true Type II error = the error of ACCEPTING a null hypothesis when it is in fact false Type I = rejeCting - it has 1 c Type II = aCCepting - it has 2 c

Comprehensive income = PUFE (as in Puffy - who clearly would want to know his comprehensive invome since he is a gang* p1mp) P= Pension funded status changes U= Unrealized gains/losses on Availible for Sale securities F = FX Items E = Effective portion of cash flow hedges

Lowering the Salvage Value will Increase Depreciation Expense. Increasing the life of the asset will decrease depreciation expense.

Measurement scales from lowest to highest level of measurement. I think of NOIR as in the wine, pinot noir: Nominal Ordinal Interval Ratio

Keep it coming people!

“Type I error = the error of REJECTING a null hypothesis when it is true Type II error = the error of ACCEPTING a null hypothesis when it is in fact false Type I = rejeCting - it has 1 c Type II = aCCepting - it has 2 c” this is great… god I always have trouble remembering which is which…

LISt FBS ------------------ LISt - Lifo Income Statement FBS - Fifo Balance sheet When asked, just write List down L-IS t, then by process of elimination, F has to go with BS, like F-the BS . . haha or FIFO / Balance Sheet.

Shapes of distributions - Leptokurtic - - ie. leaping into the air - - ‘I lept into the air’ Platykurtic - - just like a Platypus’ bill - not pointed, and opposite of Lepto

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Measurement scales from lowest to highest level of > measurement. I think of NOIR as in the wine, > pinot noir: > > Nominal > Ordinal > Interval > Ratio or NOIR is black in french too

Generally impairment recognized for financial reporting is not deductible for tax purposes until the affected assets are disposed of. That said, in most cases recognition of an impairment leads to a deferred tax asset.

Good one on NOIR for scales, I was using that as well. Also for the Kurtosis distributions, I think of the first letter: Leptokurtic = Less peaked Mesokurtic = Middle or Medium Peakness Platykurtic = Peaked Also this ones small but can easily be a question. When calculating population variance or standard deviation us the complete N population in the denominator, but when doing SAMPLE variance or standard deviation you must use (n-1) in the denominator. Degrees of Freedom is also n-1 I believe.

Leptokurtic is more peaked. http://www.isixsigma.com/dictionary/Leptokurtic_Distribution-268.htm

dang, thanks for the correction, guess i’ll have to remember them as opposites than

I’ve heard people remembering them as lepto = leaping high into the sky vs. platy = platypus, which are flat

Industry Life Cycle: PRoMiSeD Pioneering Rapid Growth Mature Growth Stable and Market Maturity Deceleration of Growth