No Fee NYC Brokers/Listings

As far as the comments on the projects - I’m not sweating my own safety/peace of mind but its a different story wrt my girlfriend. BJG - As far as owner listings, are they are looking for relatively short term renters (ie, <=12 months)? I’m hoping to stay put for 3 years, give or take.

Not necessarily. Most were looking for 12 month lease and I ended up signing a 15 mo lease with my landlord.

Gotcha, thanks

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wutsaCFA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > living near the projects is really not a big > deal, > > imo. follow some common sense, and no one will > > bother you. > > What’s the closest you’ve ever lived to a project? > Your answer will determine whether your advice has > any merit or not. i grew up across the street from a project north of the UWS. i’ll concede it was a bit seedier in the 80’s, but the city has cleaned up a lot since then. as long as you don’t look like a pretentious dbag, most of the people there won’t bother you and are actually quite friendly.

Paulsons Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As far as the comments on the projects - I’m not > sweating my own safety/peace of mind but its a > different story wrt my girlfriend. > > BJG - As far as owner listings, are they are > looking for relatively short term renters (ie, > <=12 months)? I’m hoping to stay put for 3 years, > give or take. i could understand the situation about your girlfriend, i’m not making any claims about what it’s like to live near a project as a female. my understanding is that most owners are looking for short-term leasers because they believe the market is bottoming out, or at least will pick up within a longer time frame. but this all hearsay, i don’t actually know myself.