No nonsense guide to passing CAIA L1

I second that! @eddyble would be great to see a Level II post

1 Like

Would be happy to do a write up but i haven’t written L2 yet and will do so in September later this year after CFA L2. I’m not looking forward to the written response component to be entirely truthful so we’ll see how we go in a few months.

GL everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lastly, can someone please help me what is the best way to study for L1. I am currently using only CAIA official L1 book and making notes for the same. Thanks!

1 Like

Good review @eddyble - anyone, what Q banks are you using? any of them in the internet? thx

1 Like

Was using Uppermark. I get the impression, having read other peoples reviews that Kaplan isn’t as good.

1 Like

Please share your guide to level2?

1 Like

I literally found out i passed CAIA LII yesterday - give me a chance to crack open a few cold ones eh?

2 Likes

Congratulations! Enjoy the break!

1 Like

This is very helpful. Did you just buy the testbank for Uppermark? or what package did you go with?

1 Like

Just the Uppermark testbank and no other paid study materials, otherwise i read the CAIA textbook.

For reference, here’s how i did https://imgur.com/a/MTZgdmg - not phenomenal, but decent enough.

1 Like

Just beautifully written and many thanks for sharing. I’m a current CFA L2 Candidate for May 2021 and i was planning to give a shot at CAIA L1 March 2021 exam. Do you think Schweser’s Qbank and Notes are enough to crack the exam?

Thank you.

1 Like

“Is Schweser notes enough to prepare for CAIA?” - i get this question a lot and i have absolutely no idea why. If you’ve read my guide(s) you’ll note i’ve never used Schweser for CAIA so i have absolutely no idea if it’s enough, though i know others have had success with Schweser - stop asking me this.

1 Like

Oh yes got it. Could you please post the link again? I guess its expired. Thanks!

1 Like

Could you please post the link again?Please

1 Like

I used Schweser for CAIA and it worked for me. Cheers👍

have u taken UM Qbank web or download ?? which is better

could you please reshare? thank you!

Hi, would you kindly mind resharing?:slight_smile:

thank you very much

Finishing uppermark videos tomorrow. I understand some topics but others are ‘wtf’. Seen and been tested on maybe 40% of the content when taking the CIMA. Completely different tests, I know. But I’ll have around 4 weeks to do strictly questions/review until test day. Go for it or defer to September?

I would love the link to your notes again - I know it’s changed a bit but still…