Non-Finance Peeps: How I passed Level 1

Look guys, I typed my posts in a hurry and I know it sounds like I’m a despicable person for “ditching” my “friends”. To clarify: I never fit in with my “group” at college, I met them mostly through parties full of debauchery and stupid drunken conversations that in retrospect were a waste of my time. My real friends are those I grew up with, who don’t go to the same school as me. Any of them will tell you that despite the fact I’m immature and say a lot of stupid things, I still come through for them when it counts. I’ve come to terms w/ the fact that after I graduate, I’ll probably never again see the people I attend college with, except maybe for people located near me geographically. This is mostly because I’m relocating to pursue a finance career in China. I have a lot of respect for all of you, and I’m saddened that you took this opportunity to point out all my perceived shortcomings as a person when most of you only know me from a few paragraphs I wrote at the spur of the moment. Yeah I’m ambitious and sure what I did to study won’t work for everyone, big deal. There’s many sides of me that y’all don’t know about and I hope as we get to know each other better and as we all keep progressing through the CFA program we can find more common ground to speak on. Joey, I understand you’re the top dog at this website, and I’m sure your career is very successful, so I hope to hear more of your perspective as time goes on. By the way, I trained in martial arts (karate, taekwondo, muay thai) since I was 8 years old and recently took up boxing. I’ve competed before but I don’t want to go pro because I’d lose too many brain cells, so no rocky movie here… however I’d love to be cast as a stuntman ninja someday. Just for kicks.

bobbylei Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > By the way, I trained in martial arts (karate, > taekwondo, muay thai) since I was 8 years old and > recently took up boxing. Just think, MMA & CFA…what a combination.

yeah I’ll make money and then kick your ass if you try to steal it from me. What up now?

Bobby, you honestly motivated me, im sorta in the same boat now. Good luck with L2,

With the time you spent on this post you could have finished reading half of one schweser note. Just use glue to stick your a$$ in your chair and you will pass.