NPV/Payback Period

I don’t know daj, I got 5.239493

amberpower Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t know daj, I got 5.239493 do you have an HP calc or the other one ?

BA II

amberpower Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BA II that could be it. i heard that NPV stuff with the HP sometimes yields weird answers : ( bottom line, this is a DISCTED PAYBAK PROB right? how come they only ask for paybak in question?

payback period is the time it takes to get the initial outlay back. and in this case its D. takes more than 6 yrs i think. I don’t know why you guys are doing all this discounting, could someone explain. your initial outlay is 570, not 450.

pepp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > payback period is the time it takes to get the > initial outlay back. > > and in this case its D. takes more than 6 yrs i > think. > > I don’t know why you guys are doing all this > discounting, could someone explain. > your initial outlay is 570, not 450. pepp, i think they are assuming the question wants discounted PB b/c they give us all this info. plus, i get over 6 when I do a normal payback, and the right answer is not there. however, 5,24 is THERE, so they are prolly right. this is another case where the question is asked in a very shady way