NYSSA closing member lounge (Bloomberg, Capital IQ)

lol yea i told ya

It’s a crazzzy location

I think they wanted to be somewhere between the buyside central and the sell side central. Though they seem to have decided it’s better to be close to the buy side.

Feels like they could have moved a few avenues over either direction and not been so close to touri$t central.

buyside is in midtown manhattan?

Buyside is East Midtown. Anyone who lives in NYC will avoid Times Square at all costs.

buyside nearly all in midtown yes

sellside is more scattered, stragglers outside midtwon are: GS, CS, RBC, DB, Citi

Only 70 signatures still? Come on AF’ers, we can do better than that. Even if you’re a member of a different local society, sign it to show support.

I signed it.

Did somthing happen to it???

Clicked on link and got this:

Page Not Found

You have tried to access a non-existent petition. Please check the petition address and try again or

^ The powers at NYSSA clearly had it pulled. I now fear for my safety.

My understanding is that the petition has been brought to the attention of the Board there and they are meeting with the organizer of the group in order to discuss (and hopefully address) our concerns. They requested that the petition be taken down from the internet for the time being and it looks like that has happened. Thanks to everyone here who signed this for helping to get this issue in front of the key decision makers.

We are still collecting signatures, but since the petition is removed from the internet that will need to be done off-line for the time being. If you would like to sign the petition that way, please e-mail me at pauliewalnuts33@gmail.com and I can get you the appropriate info. Having more than 100 qualified signatures will allow a special meeting of members to be called, which is something that would be helpful to our cause if the dialogue with the Board is not fruitful. For this reason, it is still important to keep building signatures and awareness.

Thanks again to the AF community for your help and support with this issue.

^ I think it would be a better idea to give people a quick generic letter, and let people email NYSSA directly. That can help preserve the anonymity of AF members that may not want to release their direct email/contact info to another anonymous person.

im surprised Itera is not the president of the nYSSA

Individuals who do not wish to share their contact info with the organizers of this petition and who would prefer to write NYSSA directly with a quick note should by all means proceed in that way. Here is a link to the relevant contact info:

http://www.nyssa.org/AboutNYSSA/ContactUs.aspx

I would suggest targeting any communication to the Board or the CEO.

(Apologize in advance for opening up an old thread)

I’m debating whether to renew my NYSSA membership this year at $250.

It seems of little value as i don’t anticipate being asked to sponsor any candidates for their charter and I’ve never found a compelling speaker or event to attend. I do read them all.

… am i missing something ?

ps. what ever happened to this petition initiative ?

dano

Was this because of cost-cutting or just too many unemployed folks loitering around?

lol