Odds of Singer Teehar model being on test? (CME)

I’m not too worried about it showing up as an item set, but I would have a tough time explaining it on the AM test.

^ agree would LOVE to see this in PM item set

Just curious, what jobs require or encourage you to take both CFA and actuary exams? I hope you are well compenstated if you have done both.

I feel like I have missed out on a lot in the past 2 years studying for the CFA. I can’t imagine having to take actuary exams as well, that would be brutal.

An actuary who hates his life and hopes to god the CFA exams will let him move to investment management

Probably anyone working on the asset management side would probably benfit from both designations.

My boss has both FSA and CFA, and itera nailed it. He hated it and wanted into invesments.

agreed

i’m far more worried about currency options than any of the crap in this thread

+1

Must of missed something… what is singer and teehar model?

I don’t think asset mananagment, but someone like me who works in consulting benefits from having both, although I am close to passing both and have not finished any as yet. Hopefully this will be corrected on Saturday.

Especially if you do ALM work, this requires some understanding of liabilities and investment

…and the winner is : paul!

Yes, this is what this thread all about.:slight_smile:

:frowning: I only like jokes when I get them before I post. How did everyone else clue in so quickly?

No offense. Singer Teehar model is Financial Equilibrium Approach, but the name of “Singer Teehar” is not in Schweser Notes…