OK, what's the verdict? L3 Post exam discussion 2019

myself included, it’s constantly on my mind no matter how hard I try to forget. probably doesn’t help stalking these forums :open_mouth:

Well said JAL513, a very minute population aces the morning. One is lucky to complete it let alone bother about getting everything right. Most people who pass will score 55 to 60% in the morning . The marking doesn’t look as lenient as people think is also true. They have a specific guideline and there isn’t much subjectivity in there I feel, specially if u look at constructed responses for their past year exam papers. Also a third time taker here and morning was okay, possible to score 55ish but evening was the hardest in many years! Don’t think there was scope for people to make up the morning loss like has been achieved in past years.

I agree with everything you just said mannz

i think it makes sense because of 4 reasons :

1. the number of past exam database getting larger each year

2. the rise of grading service essay increase (s2000, ace level, daren miller fintalek, ronen chalkboard, etc)

3. the rise of mock provider with good quality (mark meldrum, bloomberg)

4. there are some outlier like 125mph, samuraicode, etc

I totally agree with what mannz said.

I smell status-quo bias. Too lazy to evaluate!

I concur…Confirmation bias? Sigh

I did every mock from 2007-2018 and the highest I scored myself on any one was 67. My lowest score was a 49 on the very first one. Most scores in the high 50s-low 60s.

Jesus, you failed L3 three times?

Same here

The dude is actually pretty chill

I woke up today and i totally forgot… was there a required return question in the AM portion…

i cant beleive i forgot already.

No. Only guaranteed superior return questions.

Not too far off. Kiddo has a family, full time job, is a LVL3 candidate, CFP charterholder and trains for Ironman competitions!

I found the exam to be fair but I had a time crunch in the AM I didn’t finish the last question (left it blank entirely) and circled what I could for freestyle marks. The PM I felt better about that is for sure - with a few what if and educated guesses ofcourse. Overall though I feel I didn’t pass for some reason cause of the AM… best of luck to yall!

Many people leave questions unanswered in the AM part due to time constraint and still pass.

I can’t say for AM but I really thought PM would be like a breeze just like the entire L2 exam but it was brutal. I was picking answers half of the time. Never had this much trouble with MCQs be it mocks, or previous levels. I have always gotten most answers right while practicing except the main mocks on the official website. After the AM, I thought it’d be a piece of cake as passing mainly depends on the PM but I knew I was fucked there and then itself. Don’t think I’ll be checking my mails anytime soon on the 20th.

Exactly the same thing