Oldest Level 2 Candidate

happy almost b-day JDV!

I’m 37. And awesome.

I am 43 which makes me even more awesome. Your 40’s are way underrated.

Usually I rarely post here. But could not resist to login to say… ‘Happy B’day Joey’! Regards,Raky

I can’t wait til I turn 40!!! only 15 years to go…

Kudos to those candidates over 35. It is a bear to tackle this test no matter what age you are, but the older you get the harder it is to get back into study mode. I thought I was one of the older posters at 30, but clearly I was mistaken. There was an older gent taken the BSAS practice exam this year who was definitely 60+…impressive!

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Kudos to those candidates over 35. It is a bear > to tackle this test no matter what age you are, > but the older you get the harder it is to get back > into study mode. > > I thought I was one of the older posters at 30, > but clearly I was mistaken. There was an older > gent taken the BSAS practice exam this year who > was definitely 60+…impressive! don’t a few retired people perhaps taken it out of genuine interest (yes, i know that’s crazy LOL) and to help with their investments. somewhat similar to taking a ceramics course at the local recreation center… and i’d assume alot need it to justify a move within a company. instead of retiring, we can move you to personal wealth management but you need a CFA (i believe morgan stanley, goldman etc. have alot of ex.-institutional sales guys in their private wealth. institutional is young person’s game. wealthy clients probably prefer the experience… ok, that was a rant.

is it me, or did the group look really young at the exam. I’m 23 and I thought that most everyone looked my age, not more than 2 or 3 years older, besides those who are visibily older, maybe thats a north american trend - that most people writing in toronto are university grads? just a thought.

Sample’s also heavily skewed by increased propensity of younger individuals to use a forum like AF.

3X here… X varies from day to day…

… Posted by: Sponge_Bob_CFA (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] …Kudos to those candidates over 35. It is a bear to tackle this test no matter what age you are, but the older you get the harder it is to get back into study mode. My technique is to drink a lot of wine since this kills off my weaker brain cells leaving only the fittest to survive. It’s a Darwin sort of thing. Try it.

Sponge_Bob_CFA …Kudos to those candidates over 35. It is a bear to tackle this test no matter what age you are, but the older you get the harder it is to get back into study mode. My technique is to drink a lot of wine since this kills off my weaker brain cells leaving only the fittest to survive. It’s a Darwin sort of thing. Try it.

I’m 49, and will hit 50 just before results day. The guy in front of me is a good friend, and he’s older than me. So our section probably had the geezer award tied up.

1. The person sitting beside me during the test was 5 years younger.

22!

over 40 but (much) younger than JDV bet I’m the one of the oldest women on this board!

i’m so old that when I was born… - DJIA was 674 - crude oil was $2.80 a barrell - median US house price was $12.000 (or $58,000 in 2000 dollars) - gold was $35 /oz any guesses?