One week to go and...

Man, its interesting how we’re all in the same boat. This test is a killer. It’s my second time around and I thought I knew 98% of the material. The AM session went great except I was a little rusty on the real estate (alt inv) stuff but all in all I thought I nailed it. Then the PM session was just crazy. For some reason I thought the PM session in 2007 was easy granted I failed the exam, but I was expecting another easy afternoon breezing through to a pass. Boy was I wrong. I was familiar with all the questions but I was not prepared to tested on BOP, a momentum model, inflation pass-through, etc. I am thinking 50/50. This exam comes done to luck for the average smart hard worker. Did you guess right on those tricky questions? good luck.

Guess what I did on that BOP question! I calculated the capital account balance and the current account balance both for the same country. It was only when my friend talked about Country A and COuntry B that I realized what I had done!!! I really want to pass though! But well I wish we could predict a Pass/ Fail on this darn test!

i thought i am a sure-pass all the way… until i read these posts, i start to get nervous again lol but is it really such a big deal of passing the exam?

i’m with all of you. as you go further away from the exam date your confidence just dips. it doesnt help when you cant remember all those questions either. all i have is an nagging and persistent feeling of uneasiness and uncertainty as to whether i passed. maybe it’s a natural phenomenon. either way we will all be put out of our in a few days. good luck to all.

Whenever you’re anxious, check out Level III forum under “Worry Not, I’m on It”… At least this year, we know *when* the results will be announced! LOL

I became superstitious. Whenever I see 11:11 in computer clock, I forget everything and start praying. What have become of me? All weekend I just listen to classical music or heavy metals… Loud … Going mental … I guess …

TheDubs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dapper425 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i’ll have a contest with anyone who wants to > wait > > to check the results. I really want to check but > I > > really dont want it to ruin the rest of my > summer. > > It can be like that seinfeld episode. Master of > my > > domain! > > > Ill take that bet …whats on the line?? > Gurantee one of use checks at 9:01 and the other > at 9:02 haha What’s on the line? I dont know. My sanity I suppose. The one thing I am sure of is that I will wait until at least after work that day to check my results otherwise regardless of the outcome I will be useless for the remainder of the day.

Hard to believe that the time has already arrived to get results. I’m planning to stay home and get the results before going to work. If I pass, I should go to the golf course…if not, then go to work. So far, the most entertaining posts this summer have been the ones expressing enthusiasm about starting level 2 and then those that discussed the technical issues with the CFAI website and how the home page looked when you log into your account to see if there is some kind of message encoded for those that passed and those that did not. I suppose an alternative way to get your results if you can’t get to the results link is to log into your personal account and see if you can register for Level 3. I’ll guess the pass rate is somewhere in the low 40s this year. All the best to everyone!

Like everyone else, the morning session went well. I’m thinking that I got at 80% right. That means that in the afternoon session all I needed was a 60% (at a 70% MPS) or 55% (at a 67% MPS)…I have to think that while I didn’t do the greatest in the afternoon session, I did enough to get by… This is exactly how Level 1 played out for me last year. Good luck to everyone. It’s funny how time flies by when you’re preparing for the exam and how it comes to a halt when you’re waiting for the results!

i feel the same way as everyone else here. i am freaking out now that we are under a week until the results come out. i had some confidence right after the exam from being on this forum and seeing what people thought the answers were for the exam. all that confidence has gone away though. i think the most annoying part of the past two months has been dealing with non-family members who don’t understand how tough this test is. i have friends that ask questions like, well how could you possibly fail this exam, you studied for 6 months? or they say, i can’t believe you put that much time into a test and are worried about passing. i just can’t explain it to them so that they understand why i did it or how tough the exam is.

Most of us have gone through our life passing everything and never having failure as a real concern (at least in the academic realm). Thus, our friends and loved ones have much more faith in our ability since they really don’t understand how uniquely hard these tests are. I bet most of us get comments like “Oh come on, I’m SURE you passed! Don’t worry!” Of course, it just makes it more excruciating if you don’t pass… Yeah, it’s only an exam, but there is a lot riding on it. Personal pride and another year of building up for it.

SunDevil05 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i think the most annoying part of the past two > months has been dealing with non-family members > who don’t understand how tough this test is. i > have friends that ask questions like, well how > could you possibly fail this exam, you studied for > 6 months? or they say, i can’t believe you put > that much time into a test and are worried about > passing. > Agreed! None of my non-finance friends/family appreciate the difficulty of the exam. I constantly get comments like “I’m sure you did great.” or “Of course you passed!” like I just took an art appreciation class at ac community college or something.

same here, try explaining it to your buddies that didn’t even finished college. Or my Dad who thinks Im an accountant. Ha, better yet the people that think im still in school. At this point i don’t try to explain what I am doing.

> I constantly get comments like “I’m sure you did great.” or “Of course you passed!” > like I just took an art appreciation class at ac community college or something. Lack of social interaction during preparation for exam can make one forget what friendly support is.

also Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I constantly get comments like “I’m sure you did > great.” or “Of course you passed!” > > like I just took an art appreciation class at ac > community college or something. > > Lack of social interaction during preparation for > exam can make one forget what friendly support is. I guess so

I feel the same except that I had a 50/50 feeling that I passed coming out of the exam and after checking the website for answers, it left me with a feeling that I had a 30% of passing. Now about 2 months later, I feel a 25% chance of passing. I have pretty much prepared myself to write it again (But I really really really don’t want to). This was by far the hardest I have ever studied for an exam and I don’t want to relive this level again. but who really if we passed *looks to the stars* I bet the stars know (and so does Criss Angel)

i’m like france right now- I WILL SMASH IT!

I have already convinced myself I failed… Maybe I’ll be surprised, but I doubt it.

I happen to be participating in one of those “work from home so we can test our remote systems” projects next Tuesday. I think if I pass I’m gonna rip my shirt off Hulk Hogan style and give a yell ala Michael Phelps. Glad I won’t be in the office when/if that happens.

Goes to Eleven…I feel for you buddy. Many people feel this way, but I think it is different when you’ve seen the LII results screen with Fail a time or two before. This year is the worst that I can remember, which I attribute to having a confirmed results release day and having first hand knowledge that any confidence going into that day can be shattered in an instant. It might sound odd, but I haven’t told my wife that I know when results are being released…she still thinks “end of August”. I know it is silly, but being able to check the results without everyone knowing it is D-Day allows me to let the result sink in before telling them (whether it be PASS or FAIL). I’ll be on vacation when results are released, so not sure whether I’ll be able to check them right at 9…that will eat me up the rest of the day.