Only 10 Full Study Days Remain!!

For ethics I always ask myself “how would CFAI want me to think” when answering the question and I seem to do pretty well in ethics. But there’s so many minor details it’s a tough topic.

Sure, but does the passage that I’ve posted above make sense to you? I thought CFAI prohibits associating the designation with superiority of performance or bragging about it’s status in the industry.

Basically, you’re not supposed to suggest that you’re somehow smarter than someone else or that you can realize better risk adjusted performance because you’ve earned the CFA. That doesn’t mean that the CFA isn’t the most highly regarded designation in finance.

That just doesn’t seem like something that would jive with what they’ve presented in the Ethics readings. If they wrote “one of the most highly regarded” I could see…

I kind of equate to saying you went to Harvard - you could be a complete idiot and have gotten in because your parents are rich or you have the right connections. Not true with the CFA, of course.

Yeap agreed. Lammy is right as well but the reason why it doesn’t seem 100% acceptable is because it states “…the highest credential…”, giving the impression that it’s a fact, which it’s not.

Ethics 101 - Distinguish clearly b/w fact and opinion

shootforthestars1 , in L1 we were allowed to say that CFA charterholders/ candidates observe the highest ethical standards/ CFA charter is worldwide recognized etc. The quote you cite is also allowed.

This_is_not_easy , thank you for the post. I’m feeling demotivated so it helps me today.

[quote=“shootforthestars1”]

It is the mostly highly regarded, assuming you’ve ever heard of it. It’s kind of like saying in a commercial that "9 out of 10 dentists recommend… " It’s a statement of fact regarding an opinion, depending on who you ask. LOL

Exhibit 3 Proper and Improper References to the CFA Designation

Proper:

“I enrolled in the CFA Program to obtain the highest set of credentials in the global investment management industry.”

Fair enough. Glad I clicked on this topic… ha.

that’s fair - thanks for posting

I’m glad I’m reading these posts at work! Or maybe I shouldn’t! LOL

Truly shocking that you can state that about the charter. Maybe i dont know ethics as well as i had thought.