"Open Floorplans" at Work

oh wow, all of that would infuriate me. speakerphone conversations in an open plan office is bad form.

Rooms for women who returned from maternity leave to pump in private.

So what would you do? As is said, these guys are more senior and my boss, opposite me, is annoyed as well but he is too swiss to say anything.

Also a room for people to have sex in and for dudes to fap in.

Absolutely happened here. In one week, both a couple having sex and a guy fapping were walked in on by new moms. Within the next couple days, card readers were put on the doors. Strange thing is the doors locked. There was no reason for anyone to get caught in the first place.

BS is right when it depends who you’re sitting around.

The risk of getting caught enhances the pleasure?

On an unrelated note, I’m banned from a bunch of Starbucks.

Haha seriously? Ouch.

Ime some people just don’t care and some like the thrill of getting caught (though at workplace??).

Personally, I always dread and extra careful opening the door to a coed type of bathroom in a lounge/bar. It proved to be quite hard to un-see things

I have a friend in HR and asked her about what the official stance is on people having sex during work hours. Apparently, it’s not actually against the rules. So long as it’s not a problem for other people (in this case the mom that walked in on them did have a problem with it), and their work is getting done, the company leaves it up to their manager’s discretion. It doesn’t happen often, but in the past it’s been viewed akin to people taking a smoke break.

Solo action is seen as much creepier though. Kinda unfair, really.

Aha. So sex is ok but relationships at workplace are a big no no? Makes total sense,… in my next life as a man

Just don’t get caught

My work place is actually being converted into an open floor plan right now. Looks pretty cool. Maybe I will post some pictures when I am allowed.

There are meeting rooms and phone booths so if you want to have a phone conversation, you can use one of those.

Relationships are a no no? Not here. We’ve had plenty of coworkers get married over the years.

I always thought that it’s universally frown upon (to the point of HR interference) in the corporate America.

Things get complicated if it’s between a manager and a direct report (or really anyone in a position of authority with a lower level employee). But even then I think in most cases so long as you go to HR and be open about it companies are cool with it.

Years ago, it was frowned upon, if not an outright violation of company policy, to have romance between co-workers. But I think most companies have abandoned that idea by now.

Source - “Good Night and Good Luck” movie

seems odd to have a whole room especially for pumping breast milk.

^ At my workplace the room is located at Health Services and used for multiple purposes. (Not for doing it and fapping)

Well I am sure you aren’t suggesting they do it in public bathrooms, over the sink…

fair point, I’d never really thought about it before.

In other countries, firms just give mothers an appropriate amount of time off. Cost of room saved! :wink: