Oslo

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The turd killed 91 people RIP…what a f***ed up > world we live in nowadays. Dont know who to trust. Actually it is 92 now.

Just one question- How come the media are not calling this idiot a terrorist? Do terrorists have to be Muslim or Arabic? Mad man? Please.

That’s a good question and I am not sure if I have a great answer to it. There is clearly a media bias here. But I’ll try and at least address some of it. I believe who we describe as a terrorist has to do with who is reporting the act: the perpetrator, the victim, the winner or the loser. Let’s take Mandela for example: History will most certainly not judge Nelson Mandela as a terrorist even though he very clearly was involved in terrorist activity leading up to his incarceration. If you were to speak to Dutch Afrikaanz from that era they would almost certainly consider him a terrorist and would have some legitimate gripe about that. The people who won, are going to write history and Mandela’s revolution succeeded where Apartheid did not. So Mandela will be considered a hero and almost certainly not a terrorist. Another example is John Brown: John Brown was definitely a terrorist. His cause was the emancipation of slaves. To that cause he murdered brutally some farmers and then took over an armory and killed a whole bunch of other innocent civilians. For his crime was hanged, and justly so, according to Nathanial Hawethorne. Emerson, on the other hand compared him to Christ. Ultimately, his attack served as a catalyst for the Civil War and later the emancipation proclamation. The Battle Hymn of The Republic is an elegy to him. Had the South won the war, he would just be remembered as a terrorist. So, depending on who you ask, people will call you a terrorist. I would call many great man terrorists objectively speaking, in their own right including Abe Lincoln who suspended habeus corpus and hung plenty of people for sedition. Jesus Christ probably also fits that bill. However, to be an effective terrorist your revolution or change has to be the winner. And if it is not, then history will not be kind to you, because the people who will write it will of course just call you a terrorist whether your cause was just or not. Our Norwegian friend is very clearly a terrorist and I would argue insane enough to see the ends justifying the means in his case. Will his cause win in the end? Doubtful, unless it is to make Norwegians more afraid of guns? History, will no doubt judge him the loser and deal with him accordingly. What I have learned from living all over the world is that some people can justify and rationalize almost any action no matter how perfidious.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just one question- How come the media are not > calling this idiot a terrorist? Do terrorists have > to be Muslim or Arabic? Mad man? Please. They are basically working on establishing some kind of link between him and Pakistan before they call him ‘that’.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s a good question and I am not sure if I have > a great answer to it. There is clearly a media > bias here. But I’ll try and at least address some > of it. > > I believe who we describe as a terrorist has to do > with who is reporting the act: the perpetrator, > the victim, the winner or the loser. > > Let’s take Mandela for example: > > History will most certainly not judge Nelson > Mandela as a terrorist even though he very clearly > was involved in terrorist activity leading up to > his incarceration. If you were to speak to Dutch > Afrikaanz from that era they would almost > certainly consider him a terrorist and would have > some legitimate gripe about that. > > The people who won, are going to write history and > Mandela’s revolution succeeded where Apartheid did > not. So Mandela will be considered a hero and > almost certainly not a terrorist. > > Another example is John Brown: > John Brown was definitely a terrorist. His cause > was the emancipation of slaves. To that cause he > murdered brutally some farmers and then took over > an armory and killed a whole bunch of other > innocent civilians. For his crime was hanged, and > justly so, according to Nathanial Hawethorne. > Emerson, on the other hand compared him to Christ. > Ultimately, his attack served as a catalyst for > the Civil War and later the emancipation > proclamation. The Battle Hymn of The Republic is > an elegy to him. Had the South won the war, he > would just be remembered as a terrorist. > > So, depending on who you ask, people will call you > a terrorist. I would call many great man > terrorists objectively speaking, in their own > right including Abe Lincoln who suspended habeus > corpus and hung plenty of people for sedition. > Jesus Christ probably also fits that bill. > > However, to be an effective terrorist your > revolution or change has to be the winner. And if > it is not, then history will not be kind to you, > because the people who will write it will of > course just call you a terrorist whether your > cause was just or not. > > Our Norwegian friend is very clearly a terrorist > and I would argue insane enough to see the ends > justifying the means in his case. Will his cause > win in the end? Doubtful, unless it is to make > Norwegians more afraid of guns? History, will no > doubt judge him the loser and deal with him > accordingly. What I have learned from living all > over the world is that some people can justify and > rationalize almost any action no matter how > perfidious. well said, only like to add check out the comments section on this economist blog http://www.economist.com/blogs/newsbook/2011/07/norway-attacks

“The young campers at Utoya were everything Mr Breivik disliked, politically and racially. The New York Times reported that many victims were the children of immigrants from Africa and Asia who had begun to stake out a greater role in Norwegian society.” So this was racist after all. I see this happening in the USA in the not too distant future.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “The young campers at Utoya were everything Mr > Breivik disliked, politically and racially. The > New York Times reported that many victims were the > children of immigrants from Africa and Asia who > had begun to stake out a greater role in Norwegian > society.” > > So this was racist after all. I see this happening > in the USA in the not too distant future. yes, the political rancour is truly depressing

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JOE2010 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > “The young campers at Utoya were everything Mr Breivik disliked, politically and > > racially. The New York Times reported that many victims were the > > children of immigrants from Africa and Asia who had begun to stake out a greater > > role in Norwegian society.” > > > > So this was racist after all. I see this happening > > in the USA in the not too distant future. > > > yes, the political rancour is truly depressing It says here he was inspired by the Unabomber Ted Kaczynski and basically copied and used TK’s manifest as his own but changed some words here and there. Link here (untranslated): http://www.bt.no/nyheter/innenriks/Kopierte-Unabomberen-2542614.html

If i remember well unabomber main idea was that technology was killing Mankind. I don t understand norvegian. Is this guy in oslo saying that non white people are killing mankind?

There is a real reactionary trend in that part of the world. It hit its peak inthe 1990s but is still there. All sorts of bizarre Satan worshiping, pagan, pseudo neo nazi, ant judeo Christian stuff. If you want a just bizarre but interesting read check out Lords of Chaos.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “The young campers at Utoya were everything Mr > Breivik disliked, politically and racially. The > New York Times reported that many victims were the > children of immigrants from Africa and Asia who > had begun to stake out a greater role in Norwegian > society.” > > So this was racist after all. I see this happening > in the USA in the not too distant future. Yeah no kidding just take a look at the comments section on Fox News. This guy is a hero for them.

Here’s an thoughtful analysis and comment from his former classmate now journalist at NRK, the Norwegian television company. Link here (untranslated): http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/norge/1.7726002 Some quotes from the article: “I remember the shy little boy. Focused on American hip hop clothes from the clothes shop Jean-TV in downtown Oslo. Committed to training and dieting. If I should describe him, I would say that I remember him as kind. Loyal to those who were his friends. Intelligent. Strongwilled. - - - What keeps me awake at night now that he’s not a monster. He is an ordinary, Norwegian boy. He has dug himself into a completely insane political analysis, and unfortunately been resourceful enough to follow up on his reasoning in practical action. - - - But then the so-called manifesto was discovered. 1500 pages, mostly taken from other sources … But in between all the stolen stuff, he included pages describing me and us from school class 9A. … It referred to the Norwegian-Pakistani whom I felt maybe was Anders closest friend at the time. - - - He has had every opportunity in life. As far as I know never lacked anything. Not been victim of some injustice from society. Where does this hatred come from? … He knew he would be portrayed as a monster, therefore he wrote in the manifesto in detail about his life, and also about class 9A. He has not admitted guilt, but he admits to having carried out the attacks. Of course he will be condemned to 21 years of prison /maximum/ but he does not fear his punishment. In his head he is a martyr. A hero. Misunderstood by his contemporaries, but with a place in history books.”

Death toll has dropped to like 85 But this guy was some peace of work, he was obviously insane, but fuck it, why could he not of just shot himself, like his father said he should of done, under Norwegian law the maximum amount of time he can spend in prison is 21 years… however this can be raised if he is considered a threat to society… Hmmm I wonder is he a threat to society hmmmmmm

pedpenny Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Death toll has dropped to like 85 > > But this guy was some peace of work, he was > obviously insane, but fuck it, why could he not of > just shot himself, like his father said he should > of done, under Norwegian law the maximum amount of > time he can spend in prison is 21 years… however > this can be raised if he is considered a threat to > society… Hmmm I wonder is he a threat to society > hmmmmmm Beck: Norway camp smacks of ‘Hitler Youth’ http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/07/25/beck.norway/index.html?hpt=hp_c1 Hear hear…the Tea Party hero speaketh. What disgusting sick individual…reminds me of the broadcasters on radio RTFL.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pedpenny Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Death toll has dropped to like 85 > > > > But this guy was some peace of work, he was > > obviously insane, but fuck it, why could he not > of > > just shot himself, like his father said he > should > > of done, under Norwegian law the maximum amount > of > > time he can spend in prison is 21 years… > however > > this can be raised if he is considered a threat > to > > society… Hmmm I wonder is he a threat to > society > > hmmmmmm > > > Beck: Norway camp smacks of ‘Hitler Youth’ > > http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/07/25/beck.norway > /index.html?hpt=hp_c1 > > Hear hear…the Tea Party hero speaketh. What > disgusting sick individual…reminds me of the > broadcasters on radio RTFL. like i said depressing, yet he along with rush is a mjor influential force on the right …basically glenn is a more extreme rush and seems to be as if not more successful that rush,…if the formula is to be applied a young political/religious mind should realize that if he/she were to become even more polarizing he would be successful In June 2009, estimators at Forbes calculated Beck’s earnings over the previous 12 months at $23 million, with 2009–2010 revenues on track to be higher.[34] In April 2010, Forbes reported that Glenn Beck Inc., formally known as Mercury Radio Arts, had revenues of $32 million during the previous year (March 2009 - March 2010.[7]