Overreaction of the day

Sweet, time for me to go punch a pregnant disabled woman in the face… on film! Wish me luck. I will not forget you guys when I am rich.

I got my MA in Econ from NYU. I’m a bit sympathetic to her plight (even though she is unbalanced and putting that kind of stuff online is a bad idea). Someone who is trying to go to grad school needs a good GPA. No two bones about it. At NYU, I got a B+ to A in virtually every class I took, with the exception of two which were terrible. So yeah, I bitched about the terrible ones (cue the jokes) and of course it didn’t help. One of the professors was so Keynesian that he had accused Paul Krugman of being a flaming monetarist. As far as I can tell, the other was the result of an econometrics paper where I tested a hypothesis from a blog that leaned Austrian (related to a financial markets question and he was a labor economist who didn’t even know the academic definition of a growth stock, also NYU has held an Austrian colloquium for decades) and found statistical support. I don’t particularly give a shit about the grades I get from what I consider obviously biased professors, but that doesn’t mean I still can’t bitch about it.

NYU story of the day…

I heard this rumor from some pals of mine who only dream of going to such a hacksaw school of NYU. In any case, a professor at the law school of NYU went out for a few drinks awhile back. This professor had a few too many, but threw caution to the wind, hopped in their European brand automobile, and sped home. They naturally got stopped by a law enforcement officer. Said officer asked for license and registration. Before he could even ask if they had been drinking, the law professor belts out, “Do you know who I am!?” like a true BSD. The officer did not, but did allow them to fail a roadside test and book them in jail for suspicion of DWI.

Now this BSD law professor posted bail, hired a Top 2 criminal defense attorney, and went to court. Guess the outcome of the DWI charge…

Tough crowd…

Guilty on all DWI charges with the speeding ticket being dismissed…bwahahahaha!

It’s because he’s NYU. Had he been HBS, the judge probably would have been in awe of his political prowess and dismissed the case immediately.

This is what happens when you pick hacksaw schools like NYU.

Drunk professional academics. Let the bloviating begin.

This has to be a joke. If I stomp my feet and hold my breath people will give me MY way!

No joke at all. I’ll also say that this professor was running for a senate seat which is probably why they belted out, “Do you know who I am!?”