Part-time job: Discount brokerage?

damaged, what firm do you work for? no, i’m not there at steeeles and vic park. it all depends on what you really want. just having a job DT doesn’t say much. i personally think that if you want it bad enough, you will eventually get it.

FrankArabia Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > damaged, what firm do you work for? no, i’m not > there at steeeles and vic park. > > it all depends on what you really want. just > having a job DT doesn’t say much. i personally > think that if you want it bad enough, you will > eventually get it. Currently not working actually, was previously employed as a personal banking rep but decided to pursue my undergrad for about a year and then spent a couple of months doing my CSC and CPH. Jobwise at the moment, I’m actually looking for something in an IA Assistant/Sales assistant capacity. I’ve applied to some places, but for the most part it seems that firms want someone who is already licensed, and as you know, one cannot become licensed without completing the 30-day/90-day IR/RR training program, which you cannot complete if you don’t have a job at a firm. I’m open to other suggestions, but I think this is a good way to get some experience and get my foot in the door, despite my shortcomings (ie: lack of bachelors deg).

damaged…well, if that is the situation, getting a job at where I am might not be a bad idea (i’m assuming that you’re not looking into big time finance right now). we actually have a lot of people going into IA assistant and associates from here from what I heard since the jump is not a big leap like to ibanking, trading or security analysis. if you have no idea how things work and don’t mind diong a lot of customer service while still learning about financial products and markets, let me know. thereis also a 1 year lock up but i have seen job postings where htey’re looking for some assistants from our department. they also pay for your DFC and OLC but not CFA. in terms of getting a job as an IA assistant, i think they’re just looking for someone with the CSC and CPH but not necessarily licensed per se. however, i have not applied for those positions really. email me if you wish @ frankarabia_28@hotmail.com