passed CFA 1 studying schweser

I passed level one only using Schweser. I thought that they did a great job w/ level I, and that the material thoroughly prepared me (though I studied 297 hours, yes I logged it.) I started studying 5 months before the exam. Finished the books like 5 weeks before the exam. Whent through all the books again (going over my highlights mostly.) And in the final weeks did online studying and practice quizzes/exams. Hope that helps.

Level 1 only Schweser Level 2 only Schweser + CFAI sample+mock exams Hope only Schweser would suffice for L3 (if I pass)

I used 90-95% Schweser and 5-10% CFAI books (only for my weak areas such as FSA). I did roughly the same for level 2…maybe 15% CFAI books because there were alot more tough areas for level 2. To be honest, I don’t think it matters what you use…Schweser or CFAI…just know the concepts down cold. I know plenty of people who used only Schweser and passed and people who used only CFAI and failed…some who used both and failed and passed. It’s a case by case I think…

Lots of people have passed L1 using “just” Schweser or similar. It’s not an easy option; you still need to put considerable hours in. But it can be done, no question. Depends on a number of things including background and what works best for you. As they include the CFAI books in the cost you may as well use them instead / as well. Do the questions as a review if nothing else, they set the exam Schweser don’t. Personally I like Schweser and used it extensively but there were a couple of topics they didn’t explian in a way that worked for me (I know others who liked their explanation of the same topics so its just a personal preference thing).

Level 1 - Schweser only Level 2 - Schweser only Level 3 - Schweser + Past Exam Questions Schweser material is concise and focused on LOSs, but not necessarily comprehensive. Just make sure you know EVERYTHING in the Schweser books, in detail, and you should pass.