Passed level 2 FINALLY! time for L3, guidance please!

Regime changes! Buffet made a bulk of his fortune when capital markets were in their development phase. Replicating his performance in today’s market environment might be a tad more difficult, if even possible.

Congratulations. It is a huge achievement. My advise is:

• start thinking acting like a charterholder as you are one step away
  • Know that like many I personally believe level 3 is the hardest challenge
  • focus on your writing speed and your ability to compose answers to the point and concisely
  • pay for help as you are one step away. I used mark Meldrum and his method made writing all much understandable in the level 3 concept
  • Don’t skip major calculations and even minor . Know the formulas no matter how dreadful
  • Don’t focus on quantity of mocks. Rather focus on the quality you can extract from them.
  • People prepare to drop questions, try to drop very few
  • most importantly don’t let ego in the way. Many approach this exam as a 50 percent plus pass rate but know that you are competing with really talented individuals who have passed level 2

pass or fail next week, I wished someone had given me these tips at the start.

Hi Cosmic,

Did you make your own set of written notes?

MM’s vids and review vids are excellent but the lack of a proper set of written notes at L2 was very fustrating for me. I used 11th hour notes as the base towards the exam date and supplemented with the important stuff from MM vids.

This is so funny but for a minute there I was like; what pensions? There was no pension chapter whatsoever in level 2 LOL Got scared now that I realise that somehow the big and detailed pension chapter dropped off my mind this soon LOL I hope the details did not, I was good at it!

if your exam was just 3h long, you might need to walk through the 11th circle of inferno: the L3 retake.

I would add to number 10 the constant churning through the mind of those questions where you left the exam hall and still aren’t sure whether you got the answer CFAI were looking for (ethics I’m looking at you!), compounded by not being able to discuss or disclose any of the exam afterwards

Your written session was 6 hours long? Mine was only three.

lord protector of the heavens deliver us from retaking level 3.

My exam was 6hrs long but yours was apparently only 3 and consisted solely of constructed response questions

Do you always miss the forest through the trees like this?

I’m just trolling the troll :slight_smile:

Hey I’m just here to provide the LOLs.

besides, I never even passed level 1.

True story: Few years back I had a co-worker who told me that he could start from LVL2 since he had taken the “required amount of finance classes” in a Tier 1 school (undergrad).

PS. He ended up failing LVL1 miserably and gave up.

augh,… checkout my username… i finished L2 10 years ago, failed L3 several times on band 9 (highest). I decided to try 2020!

i actually would like to hear some advice.

I seem to be do bad on writing portion on those past exams…