PCP Investigation. Please help! URGENT

Sorry I didn’t understand what you meant by ‘give an exam?’. Yes I’m an Indian.

The rest of the world takes, sits for, writes or appears for an exam.

Only Indians give it.

Ha-ha! Hungarians have a verb for it. Like: “I’m examing!”

Much like a justice system. A few innocent people will be convicted, even executed. The price we pay to live in a “civilized” society. This is not new or interesting. Can’t even give the appearance of impropriety. Don’t hang out where drugs are sold, tricks are performed and keep your head down or your eyes closed/covered. Sucks for sure, but life goes on. May I suggest some equine blinders next time?

Ok sorry! “Take the exam”. Now let’s come to the main issue. My whole career is at stake for the thing I didn’t do. I need genuine advise. PLEASE!.

the only solution is to contact CFAI CEO John Rogers. some people have tried that

But you did do…you glanced 5 times, even if you didn’t cheat…you put the integrity of the exam at stake…that is an ethics violation. In any case, like I said, write your letter and plead not to get banned since you say you didn’t cheat and it was just you moving your head or something. Trying to take the exam this June is a silly attempt.

Ok I’ll drop the idea of June, 2014 attempt. BUt this is horrible! Cant even lookup for a sec :frowning: . I totally agree with you Ramos4rm, that I did look up. Should I just plead them not to prohibit me from CFA program? Or let the investigation take it’s own course?

@ITERA: Would it help?

Thank you.

@MMBaid:With all due respect,you should have known the CFA institute’s testing policy by the time you took your exam.Honestly speaking you have little hope.I think “closing your eyes” would have been a better option to “relax your nerves” instead of looking into some one’s paper.(even though unintentionally)

I was under the impression, that there are few different variations of question papers, hence neighbours around you may not be solving the same set. If this is true cases like MMBAID is mute. If it is not true than CFAI needs to check their approach rather than panelise examinee for raising his head for few secs that too in 6 hr exam.

back to topic…

so when is the deadline to mount ur defense? i will suggest the factual route, maybe even get la lawyer friend to help in the writing so the language used cannot incriminate u further…

if u r in the US, which i assume u r (since u state ur country as that), maybe give them a call to see what type of reply they expect.

must expect the worst though, since the institute is a Judge Dredd style kind of thing…

and whats with PCP investigations all over the place now??

Thankyou @iamthenight for being so helpful. I have mailed my one response to them. I have to reply to them stating my academic and professional background.

I also want some help, in regards to what can a charter holder write for me? For example: I don’t want him to take a risk aout his image. But want him to to show my ethical values and practices and request CFAI to please consider my case in keeping my overall values and good practices in mind. Please suggest edits!

Please Help! I’ll be very grateful to all of you!

You sound like a good lawyer.

Not sure what you expect to get out of Charterholders or others talking about your character? If you’re telling the truth than just stick to the facts and leave it there. Briniging in useless and distractory information that is not relevant to what happend during the exam ain’t going to help you IMHO. So what if you’ve been ethical in the past; what matters here is what happend during the six hours you were sitting that test and it’s going to you word against two professional exam proctors who claim to have seen you cheating. A nice letter from someone who wasn’t there isn’t going to change that.

I’m sure it’s hard to hear, but you’re probably best to just assume that you’re banned until you hear otherwise and move on with you life. On the plus side, you’re only a level 1 so it’s not like you’ve invested real time into the program yet anyway.

Thanks Gordon Gecko!. Thankyou for putting your prespective. I really appreciate what you said.

What if I would have been banned after clearing two levels?

I’ll try my best not to be banned for something I didn’t do… but really, thanks for the firm words. I wish you good luck and I’ll definately inform all on this forum about the investigation proceedings.

I had mailed them yesterday to compare my answers with the candidates who sat beside me.

All the best to you!

What is the worst case scenario for someone who gets perm banned? I have a similar problem (no proctors, only a similarity analysis letter) and I’m trying to fight it with all my strenght. Can someone please let me know how this can affect my career in finance if I’m falsely found guilty just becase some odds are against me?

Unless your job specifically wants the CFA (so few jobs do), no one will know.

A bit ridiculous. When I sat for my exams, I’d stretch out and look around quite a bit every now and then.

Me too, but I tended to look up towards the ceiling and make it absolutely clear that my eyes weren’t looking down at the desk anywhere but my exam. I needed to stretch my neck and back now and then.

And I was dang sure not to let comp_sci_kid not look at my paper (inside joke there).