PCP Investigation. Please help! URGENT

Bleron did it in 8 days.

Jim, I can pass that exam in 7 days.

Jim, I can pass that exam in 6 days.

Pass that exam.

Bleron haha

Agree. I just stumbled into this thread… The emotional swing from low to high… then this Brick Wall from Igor. Bravo Sir.

He is a HOFer in my eyes.

congrats!

did he really?

I looked for old threads of his. Passing L2 took him something like 3 years after L1 including 1 failed attempt.

And please don’t say I’m jaleous because it took me 9 days :wink:

He did. There was a detailed thread on what he did in those 8 days.

He did. There was a detailed thread on what he did in those 8 days.

Yes, I’m refering to this thread.

I agree with his method: don’t waste time with the books (either reading very fast, or using a summary), and focus on practice.

But I’m splitting hair about the “8 days” claim: with 3 years between level 1 and 2, and particularly a failed attempt at level 2, did he really discover the curriculum 8 days before his second attempt at level 2?

Hey MMBaid! How are you doing? I’m glad to hear the outcome of your PCP investigation.

I received a similar letter and they are starting an investigation on me. I have already written my response letter and I would be glad if you can read it and tell me what you think of my approach and if you have any further tips that can help me.

Look forward to your answer. Thanks!

In case of a similarity analysis, one of the Kaplan review instructors said it was a good idea to keep your notes and study materials . So if I were to receive one, I would pdf 300 pages of handwritten notes as proof that I had enough vested interested in the program to not cheat. If they canceled my score based on that allegation, I would drop the CFA program.

^ I doubt that would work.

Better chance than not … with similarity analsysis you’re competing against the other person with whom you’ve been associated w/ cheating… the more you can show you knew your $hit, the better chance you will win the appeal against the other bloke who was cheating off your paper.

I had the same proble with you in the July 2014 L2 exam, Can you give me some advice on how to defend for myself? I really did not intend to cheat in the exam. Thank u!!

y you cheat?

Do you mean to say that you did not ‘intend’ to but it just happened impulsively? No one, absolutely no one, ever said on this forum that he/she did cheat intentionally!

My mom used to be a proctor, she told me it’s really easy to notice who’s cheating during an exam. Most people probably won’t tell the whole story on public forums.

My question is:

If we have a twin sister/brother who also took the exam (and her/his seat was far away from ours) and picked answers pretty much like we did (it is possible because we are twins!), would it be considered for similiarity analysis?

The similarity analysis reminds me of a story at high school. After an exam, 2 guys talked to each other:

Guy A: hey, I left the essay part blank.

Guy B: what? I also left it blank… Oh no…we would be accused of copying each other’s papers…

^ Lake House I develop this further:

In the practice exams (I’m not speaking of the real exam) the 2 wrong answers are usually results of typical mistakes.

I think there is a chance that two (many more) people choose the wrong answer by doing a typical mistake.

This is why a lot of study materials warn you not to make some typical mistakes.