Pencils and Pens

oskigo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > on of the senior proctors at my exam (you know the > ones in red) asked me what the CFA stood for and > what this exam was. do they have ANY training for > these people? I just emailed my friend who was a proctor when I sat for level 2 way back in 2005. Minimal training AND they get $300 for their troubles. Don’t know if they get bonuses for catching cheaters but you would assume so given the ridiculousness of certain proctors…

Likewise I raised the question of whether pencil is OK before the writting began. the proctors in our classroom(Taipei) refused to speak to me. They say they are not allowed to respond to any question. A short while later, they brought me a pen but still refuse to comment, just put up her index finger on the mouth. I don’t know what to think, just took the offering of a pen as an indication that pen must be used. From the messages above, proctors in US are obviously allowed to respond to questions. I was very frustrated with the rigidity of the proctors here.