People who were surprised they failed last year....

In 2016 i failed level 2 band 5. Past last year at my second attempt. The first time when I took it i thought I did way better, no idea what happened…

3rd time taker for L3. By far the most brutal exam ever. First time I didn’t study too terribly hard (overconfidence bias) and got a Band 6. Last year I thought I did pretty well and got a Band 7. This year, morning was brutal and afternoon was tricky as well. Def don’t feel too great about it. Hoping to delay August 28th as much as possible. Anyone got a time machine so I can slow down time haha :slight_smile:

I want to be one of the people who are surprised they passed!

I went a little nuts last year. Spent way too much time in Excel quantifying how I did in the AM and PM hoping for a boarder-line pass.

In my analysis I way overestimated my morning score and was almost exactly correct (within 1%) of my PM score. In the AM I bombed stuff like the first question which caught most people by surprise. Also econ got me as well. In retaking the 2017 exam as practice I realized I also missed some easy points (probably a lot) by not reading carefully and not answering the question they are asking. I got demolished by fixed income in both the AM and PM.

I got a band 8.

This year I went crazy working on those weaknesses. After the exam I went though what everyone does this year… fearing that it wasn’t enough and I’ll get a band 10. As time has passed I realized I absolutely gave it my best, and even though I know I made some mistakes I feel comfortable that it was enough to push me over. Everyone is pressed for time in the AM and everyone will make errors. I guessed far far less this year and was way more paranoid this year to answer the question CFAI is asking…

In a few weeks we will all know.

Third time taker - band 5 then band 6. AM crushed me the first time, PM was my downfall the second time.

This go around I think i did ok on the AM. On the PM, i believe i got 50% on 1 item set, and at least 67% on the rest of them. Hoping that’s enough.

This is the time of year where i show up on the forums. I bet level 1 and 2 have been graded and loaded…perhaps level 3 likewise. I wonder if there have been any updates to the website? Just stirring the pot a little :slight_smile:

There’s a timeline somewhere on the website that outlines where they are in the grading process. Just fyi there is a “scheduled maintenance” for August 3rd :slight_smile:

This Saturday the fun begins!

don’t think there will be a “tell” but even if there was a tell this year around, at least not this early for L3. If I remember correctly, they had another “scheduled maintenance” some time after this one - which was what originally started this whole tell-theory in the first place. I think some of my co-workers hypothesized that perhaps the earlier maintenance was for L1 and L2 and the later one was for L3. But who really knows…