Perfect game

That is very impressive! I dropped out of this race as well. Must read CFAI book to win this race especially if you have no background. It can be done, almost every thing I missed is like right there in the CFAI book.

> i was perfect in level 1 with less than 25 > hours… but i put in the time for this one. Oh, L2 is tough…My strategy was to start in April and go crazy, which is what I did. I must have done 75 hrs in May and now it’s all worth it…I feel like I won an Olympic medal and that’s probably pathetic!

Well done becky! So membership list so far: plyon kabhii becky

I was not perfect, but hey, I still feel like an Olympic GOLD

probably fabib, probably, hehe.

I don’t know if the questions (the “debacle”) were what made a “perfect” – really “highest” – score difficult this year. I think the problem is that the sample size of questions tested is so small: on four sections (Alt. investments, Econ, PM & quant) you could only afford to get ONE question wrong out of the entire section. That means we had to be lucky as well as smart (and I’d rather be both than either!). Level III will require an even greater degree of luck, as they post individual scores for all eleven essay questions as well as the seven topic areas – for a total of 18 scores (many of which are based on a very small portion of the exam). I didn’t see it, but someone in this thread says someone went three for three this year at LIII?

4 members: plyon kabhii becky Aspiring Analyst If there is someone on LIII board who has achieved this, he should probably be king of this little group.

I am going to hate myself for this, but since this is right up there for the most narcissistic thread ever, here it goes… I posted my results on the thread on the same page as plyon right around 10:00. I glanced through the posts quickly and when I came across his I said to myself, hmm he slipped up on a few sections this year, but with the moving and the job change, still, a nice big fat pass is a pass. I didn’t read into it really, I just noticed I guess. …then I paste and submit my post, it refreshes the page and I scroll down to check that my post formatted well. So now I see plyon’s results again and now they are all 70+ after an edit. yup, I know, I am a fat jerk for saying anything, and it was probably just poor formatting or a misread by me, but I’m just saying, an edit is an edit… I’ll be the first to apologize for being wrong.

Hmm. Narcissism is when you are loving youself. I started this thread. I’m not in the group. Better adjective required.

i cant’ think of anything. i think we’ll have to invent an adjective.

I’d be there if it weren’t for PM on L1.

slouiscar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yup, I know, I am a fat jerk for saying anything, > and it was probably just poor formatting or a > misread by me, but I’m just saying, an edit is an > edit… I’ll be the first to apologize for being > wrong. I think you are on very firm ground to point this out. I did edit the post, but only to add the commentary that I had gotten high scores again (a bit boastful, yes, but I’m very f’ing proud of that accomplishment and my fellow AFers are the only ones who can really appreciate it). But I didn’t change my scores; you must have been mistaken when you first read them. That being said, you or Christmaths are welcome to send me an email (plyons at that google email domain) and I would be happy to send you my candidate logon and password for verification. Interestingly, though, I’m not sure you can verify past year’s scores, can you? It does make the club a sort of honor system, no? PS: This post was edited too, in order to include your quote after my post got bumped to the next page!

I’d hope that no one on here was self deluded enough to post a false score. And this isn’t a micturation contest. FWIW, I choose to believe that the people on here have posted their accurate scores. I certainly don’t care enough to audit the results. So credit where credit is due - well done to all those who passed, *really* well done to those who did *really* well.

yeah, i’m pretty sure editing ones score to be perfect is much sadder than missing out on a perfect game.

chrismaths Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- And this isn’t a > micturation contest. > Had to look that one up.

guys, pls stop boasting ur results when there r ppl failed and being sad around. wanna compare any score? L1? L2? GMat? or anything else? u name it and msg me remember u r educated a high score doesnt guarantee good performance

And I can spell. For shame…

Good luck to you all next year. I almost made it, had the perfect game going until one question in the essay part this year destroyed my perfect record at L3. The essay parts are tricky but I think it’s doable. Good luck to you all.

Cracking effort mo.

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >I did edit the post, but only to add the > commentary that I had gotten high scores again (a > bit boastful, yes, but I’m very f’ing proud of > that accomplishment and my fellow AFers are the > only ones who can really appreciate it). > > But I didn’t change my scores; you must have been > mistaken when you first read them. That is enough for me. You should be proud, you killed it again, and I certainly appreciate that. I guess I was trying to goof on the thread. I mean I was picking on plyon but really I should have left the users who crushed both LI and LII out of it. (I suppose I picked on plyon partly because he did edit and partly because I knew he was man enough to respond truthfully and without flying off the handle.) So I guess my point was just that first there is no way to confirm, and second a pass is a pass. Being proud is fair, compiling a list to claim perfection is a bit much.