personal investments

I put in $200 into an NFL elimination pool the year the Ravens won the Super Bowl and walked away with a cool $20,000. Would have been $60,000 if I would have had the nards to not split $50,000 of it 5 ways…then we went one more week I picked the Ravens everyone else picked the Raiders in the AFC Championship game and I won the extra $10,000. That was a good NFL season for me.

Taser and Akamai in the past few years.

Think Taser will come back? That’s an interesting company.

just did 3.2x on a co-investment thru a dividend recap, hoping to get 9x more on the exit

Tulips, 1636.

Pox Americana Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tulips, 1636. Lol. I loved reading about that craze in “Random Walk Down Wall Street”

How about worst investments. My first year out of college I turned $10,000 into $70,000 buying tech stocks, but when the tech bubble burst I lost almost all of it. Not by staying long tech, but by aggressively shorting them at the wrong time. Unfortunately, every time techs stages bear market rallies on the way down they rallied hard and I got hit with margin calls. I remember on more than one occassion I had shorts double on me in one day.

worst investment - dinner I bought for a girl who was a “sure thing”…

You gotta pay more for a sure thing, my friend. You thought you were buying value, but you forgot that delivery risk was incorporated into the price. Disclaimer: the previous statement is for humorous/irony enjoyment only. It in does not necessarily reflect my genuine approach to such matters.

just had a 12 bagger this week playing Wachovia July 10 calls, played small dollars though since they expired in 3 days Had a 10 bagger on CLF calls when it went from 100 to 150 (pre split) CROX and UA were fun last year when the short squeeze was on

CROX was such a joke. I can’t believe that company once had a 5 Billion dollar market cap.

TSTR – I’m not making any sort of endorsement or recommendation, but spoke to one of their largest shareholders who thinks it’s his best idea since his short subprime trade.