Phreaking Out...

SteelerFan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have 6 kids, 2 to 17, so quit whining. > :slight_smile: wow. you have your own football team!!!

Hey, PJ I remember your gips tip from level 1, it worked very well for the exam. Any tips for this year? I have a wildly fluctuating work load which should calm down after this week’s hectic earnings season. I hope to finish review by next week and then attack practice exams. However, during my review I have been going thru old CFAI exams and pulling out the questions which relate to the topic I am studying, I have found it useful. I am also going thru CFAI questions for the 2nd time and they seem to make more sense this time around. Remember, you should peak a few days before exam day and not burn out before that!

I’m with all you guys that haven’t taken an exam. I’ve read schweser once fairly thoroughly, went through a second time as a refresher, mostly reading the key concepts and skimming over the LOS. I am now doing flashcards (both making and reviewing). Plan on taking my first exams this weekend. Will probably start with schweser qbank to determine my weaknesses. the way i see it, what is the point in taking exams when you know what you don’t know?

boston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m with all you guys that haven’t taken an exam. > I’ve read schweser once fairly thoroughly, went > through a second time as a refresher, mostly > reading the key concepts and skimming over the > LOS. I am now doing flashcards (both making and > reviewing). Plan on taking my first exams this > weekend. Will probably start with schweser qbank > to determine my weaknesses. the way i see it, > what is the point in taking exams when you know > what you don’t know? same here. I’m finishing my review and jumping in on an exam on Sat

grexan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey, PJ I remember your gips tip from level 1, it > worked very well for the exam. Any tips for this > year? > Wish I could say yes but feeling slightly behind right now and have lots to cover. Feel comfortable with S3-S9 and moving onto to the other sessions. Hope to be completely done by May 24th and then spend the last 2 weeks doing practice exams… P.S - Glad I could help on GIPS… as I don’t remember a damn thing from it and I’m leaving Gips/Ethics for the last 3 days before the exam.

6 kids? It’s called a condom…look into it :slight_smile:

newsmaker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have not done a single practice exam yet. I > plan to do all of my systematic notetaking and > review first, and then spend the last ~2 weeks on > practice exams etc. same here though i do 3 weeks so i can review areas i score weekly on. each to their own. personally i don’t see the point in taking practice exams if i know i’ll bomb certain sessions. not only does it kill your confidence, but those practice problems in areas you know you need to study more are almost wasted because you will probably get them wrong.