Picture on resume

LinkedIn is pretty much your e-resume, though you have the professional facebook thing going on (groups, connections, etc). If people embrace LinkedIn’s pic profiles, I don’t think they’d be as surprised seeing a picture resume when handed on…probably just laugh it off, call the person a d-bag, and continue to reading. All I’m saying is I don’t think it would be an automatic dealbreaker in the future so much as it may be one today. Let’s all remember that great video resume that was sent through the street a few years ago…

this is the first i heard of linkedin pic being even remotely questioned. i thought it was perfectly, PERFECTLY ok to have a pic on linkedin.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > this is the first i heard of linkedin pic being > even remotely questioned. i thought it was > perfectly, PERFECTLY ok to have a pic on linkedin. I’m not questioning it. I was just wondering whether the influence of LinkedIn would carry over to paper resumes, and eventually be considered indifferent to a non-picture resume. Today, we’d all just laugh.

Giant dbag – no Giant d-cups – yes

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s because European chicks are typically > hotter than American chicks. Who disagrees? One cannot disagree with that statement; additionally Asian > Euro > US. Breaking out Asia to next level of detail - Korean > Chinese > Japanese > Thai. Breaking out Korea - Seoul > Jollado > NK on the hottness metric. In terms of craziness Jolla > NK > Seoul. Thank you.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TheAliMan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > That’s because European chicks are typically > > hotter than American chicks. Who disagrees? > > One cannot disagree with that statement; > additionally Asian > Euro > US. > > Breaking out Asia to next level of detail - Korean > > Chinese > Japanese > Thai. > > Breaking out Korea - Seoul > Jollado > NK on the > hottness metric. In terms of craziness Jolla > NK > > Seoul. Thank you. you got it all wrong. brunettes > blondes end of story.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > brunettes > blondes > > end of story. +1

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TheAliMan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > That’s because European chicks are typically > > hotter than American chicks. Who disagrees? > > One cannot disagree with that statement; > additionally Asian > Euro > US. > > Breaking out Asia to next level of detail - Korean > > Chinese > Japanese > Thai. > > Breaking out Korea - Seoul > Jollado > NK on the > hottness metric. In terms of craziness Jolla > NK > > Seoul. Thank you. I lived in Flushing, NY for a while. It’s pretty much the largest Korean community in NY, if not the US. Aside of the short skirts and them always having to wear heels, they’re nothing special…all remind me of the Schweser girl. Euro > Asia > US. Breaking out Euro - Ukranian/Russian > Italian/Spanish/Portuguese, but I digress.

I don’t let anyone take pictures of me, photographs steal some of your soul. Maybe I could include a drawing.

Thanks everyone. Just wanted to confirm my original thoughts. My gf applied for a small tech. consulting firm and it makes sense why it worked so well for her.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TheAliMan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > That’s because European chicks are typically > > hotter than American chicks. Who disagrees? > > One cannot disagree with that statement; > additionally Asian > Euro > US. > > Breaking out Asia to next level of detail - Korean > > Chinese > Japanese > Thai. > > Breaking out Korea - Seoul > Jollado > NK on the > hottness metric. In terms of craziness Jolla > NK > > Seoul. Thank you. I agree except I would put Korean > Thai > Japanese > Chinese. Bottom line, if you belong to any of the first 3 groups, put multiple pictures on your resume.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > face shot That’s what she said.

A picture on a resume sounds like a very effective idea. The number one thing employeres wonder after they’ve revised the resume is “who is this person?” Regardless of the employer, we’ve always wondered whether someone looked ghetto, spoke slang or remotely resembled a hood. This picture method should be used more often, but I’m not that bold to be the first, second or even the 100th to try it.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TheAliMan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > That’s because European chicks are typically > > hotter than American chicks. Who disagrees? > > One cannot disagree with that statement; > additionally Asian > Euro > US. > > Breaking out Asia to next level of detail - Korean > > Chinese > Japanese > Thai. > > Breaking out Korea - Seoul > Jollado > NK on the > hottness metric. In terms of craziness Jolla > NK > > Seoul. Thank you. +1 for the yellow fever. and, on that note, what is it with korean girls? i don’t know any korean girls at aren’t at least mostly crazy, and they’re all from Seoul. Jolla sounds scary.

I’m putting a picture of a handsome monkey in an elegantly cut business suit on my resume.

Just remember that in the US, the picture is left off of the resume to reduce the opportunity to be accused of racial, gender, or other discrimination. Yes, it’s your choice to put it on or take it off, but by putting it on, it sets an awkward precedent. If you are a minority, the HR reader wonders if ignoring you for whatever reason could result in accusations of discrimination; if you are not a minority, it makes them wonder if it privileges you somehow vs. those who didn’t send photos. If you do attach a photo, you better look like a foreigner from a country where that is common practice. Otherwise you look like someone who doesn’t know what the professional standards are for resumes in the US, and that sets off all sorts of alarm bells in an HR person’s mind. Even if you send directly to a potential hiring manager in the US, they will definitely notice the break from standard procedure. And remember, these are people who (for ridiculous reasons) disregard resumes because of, a misplaced comma or, something [sic]. If you’re handsome or beautiful, it could swing in your favor, but a better idea if you are an american applying for a US job would be to put a photo on LinkedIn.

A picture of a very handsome and well-groomed monkey seems like the perfect solution. How the hell could anyone accuse you of any kind of illegal bias for picking that resume out of a pile?

Although including a picture of yourself and trying to appear like you’re from a country where pictures on resumes are common seems like an entertaining idea. Especially when, like me, you’re obviously not.