Pink Drinks

Had to chime in…carry on.

I like to buy shots for a group of people and make ONE of them a prairie fire (tequila and tobasco). Then i hand them out and someone gets a widdle surprise. I do that because I like to feel powerful. And i actually only did it once. It was funny. For me.

charlottekid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I like to buy shots for a group of people and make > ONE of them a prairie fire (tequila and tobasco). > Then i hand them out and someone gets a widdle > surprise. > > I do that because I like to feel powerful. > > And i actually only did it once. > > It was funny. For me. Hahaha Charlotte you’re cracking me up. Part of me hopes you fail LIII so you have to stick around for another year. I feel like Morgan Freeman in that one movie…

Below: my favorite summer drink, by far. It is pink/opaque in color. If you can’t stomach the thought of drinking something pink, grow up. GRAPEFRUIT COLLINS: In a cocktail shaker, combine over ice -1 part lemon juice -1 part grapefruit juice -1 part simple syrup (if you havent made this before, it’s equal parts boiling water and sugar, mixed and cooled) -2 parts gin (I like Hendrick’s) Shake till the cocktail shaker is cold as hell. Strain into a collins glass over fresh ice. Add a splash of selzer - maybe 1/4 cup - and a shake of angostura bitters. Dunk a spoon in there to mix. This is a great tasting drink to me and virtually everyone else I’ve ever served it to - ladies and brahs included. It’s also strong as hell, so be sure to imbibe bro-sponsibly.

If you can’t stomach the thought of drinking something without fruit juice and syrup, grow up.

Washington Irving Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you can’t stomach the thought of drinking > something without fruit juice and syrup, grow up. I certainly can - I actually homebrew a decent number of lagers and ales through most of the year and like them quite a bit. But I wouldn’t say no to a summer cocktail because it contained a juice that was pink in color, just on principal. A mike’s hard lemonade, though, I would refuse because it tastes/smells like sugary melted styrofoam.

You just want to avoid the situation where you’re drinking an appletini or cosmopolitan, and the woman you’re with is having Jack Daniels on the rocks. If she’s drinking something dainty, you can drink it with her. But if she’s drinking a manly drink, you’d better not drink something pansy. Personally, I hate the martini glasses. They have 1/3d the liquid of a similar diameter tumbler, and they always come about to pour 1/2 of that over their top edge if you reach for it. Really silly stuff.

I serve and drink my cocktails in pint glasses. I have never seen a tumbler.

soddy1979 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I serve and drink my cocktails in pint glasses. I have never seen a tumbler. …maybe that’s because drinking cocktails of a pint glass causes you to be the tumbler? Nice work though. +1

Washington Irving Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you can’t stomach the thought of drinking > something without fruit juice and syrup, grow up. I agree… martinis/ bloody mary’s/ scotch are all excellent for when you want to have a drink or two. btw, how have you been? I think I remember you and some other old-school AF’ers .