Plan for 3 days to D-Day

kris10 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I’ll be reviewing the last of the formulas that I > don’t know cold and review my “I can’t seem to > ever remember this” list. > Any chance you could share the list? :smiley:

I have been re reading my own notes and then reading the CFA Eoc summary before doing the following questions. I am still amazed at how long this takes, I have spent all day wading through, Econ, Corp fins and Portfolio mgmt…with Alt inv yet to go. Although, I have done ok,I have fallen for so many tricks in these questions, which has surprised me slightly.

i’m not going as hardcore on ethics, and i probably will regret it… i’m going more FSA/equity. Then it always helps to triple check that i havent forgotten how to do all the different kinds of swaps and FRA pricings/valuations…

smileygladhands Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i’m not going as hardcore on ethics, and i > probably will regret it… > > i’m going more FSA/equity. > > Then it always helps to triple check that i havent > forgotten how to do all the different kinds of > swaps and FRA pricings/valuations… I’d focus on price for most… I doubt they ask a currency swap valuation question. If they do my plan of attack is guess and move on.

Review private company valuation, Modigliani-Miller and convertibles tonight. Tomorrow do the CFA mock (wanted it to be the last one I did, worked at level 1 so meh), then mark it on Friday and read and review a ethics/soft dollar standards and research objectivity.

dhwit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > smileygladhands Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i’m not going as hardcore on ethics, and i > > probably will regret it… > > > > i’m going more FSA/equity. > > > > Then it always helps to triple check that i > havent > > forgotten how to do all the different kinds of > > swaps and FRA pricings/valuations… > > I’d focus on price for most… I doubt they ask a > currency swap valuation question. If they do my > plan of attack is guess and move on. If you can do an IR or Equity swap, a currency swap is easy. Even though Dave Hetherington doesn’t think this is no excuses material, I think it is. Once you calculate your payoffs, all you have to do is play with the FX rates to get the value.

bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dhwit Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > smileygladhands Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > i’m not going as hardcore on ethics, and i > > > probably will regret it… > > > > > > i’m going more FSA/equity. > > > > > > Then it always helps to triple check that i > > havent > > > forgotten how to do all the different kinds > of > > > swaps and FRA pricings/valuations… > > > > I’d focus on price for most… I doubt they ask > a > > currency swap valuation question. If they do > my > > plan of attack is guess and move on. > > > If you can do an IR or Equity swap, a currency > swap is easy. Even though Dave Hetherington > doesn’t think this is no excuses material, I think > it is. Once you calculate your payoffs, all you > have to do is play with the FX rates to get the > value. I agree if you referring to pricing a currency swap… They are not bad at all, but I gave up on valuing one a while ago. There are one or two extra steps that throw me off. I cant recall the steps, but it has to do with adjusting for original spot…etc

dhwit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bpdulog Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > dhwit Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > smileygladhands Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > i’m not going as hardcore on ethics, and i > > > > probably will regret it… > > > > > > > > i’m going more FSA/equity. > > > > > > > > Then it always helps to triple check that i > > > havent > > > > forgotten how to do all the different kinds > > of > > > > swaps and FRA pricings/valuations… > > > > > > I’d focus on price for most… I doubt they > ask > > a > > > currency swap valuation question. If they do > > my > > > plan of attack is guess and move on. > > > > > > If you can do an IR or Equity swap, a currency > > swap is easy. Even though Dave Hetherington > > doesn’t think this is no excuses material, I > think > > it is. Once you calculate your payoffs, all > you > > have to do is play with the FX rates to get the > > value. > > I agree if you referring to pricing a currency > swap… They are not bad at all, but I gave up on > valuing one a while ago. There are one or two > extra steps that throw me off. I cant recall the > steps, but it has to do with adjusting for > original spot…etc I don’t know if you are using Stalla, but if you watch Dave Hetherington’s video example, it is pretty easy.