Please critique my strategy...........

My $0.02 for what its worth… I too am focusing on CFAI texts. I read them through once with a highlighter. Now, I am going back writing out each LOS and answering end of chapter questions, and every intra-chapter question in a blue box. I plan to spend the last 6 weeks doing Mock exams from CFAI & Schweser. There are many different types of learning styles, and if we made it this far, there is no reason to think we can’t pass this if we work hard enough. Good luck.

grace, I also decided to read CFAI texts and stay away from Q-bank last year and I think it was the right decision. I would suggest re-reading Secret Sauce to keep main concepts fresh though. Good luck!

Whatever your reading strategy (prep guides vs. CFAI text) solve EOC questions & text examples multiple times.

You can pass with Schweser as your primary study tool, but the Qbank was not as helpful for L3. There were several mentions already of the end of chapter questions from CFAI–those are great. I would also highly recommend working through the past exams more than once, I think that was the best thing for me in my preparation. You will be able to fly through the IPS questions after a few rounds with the old exams. As the exam date approached, I tended to use more CFAI questions and less Schweser questions. Those of you who pounded through the entire CFAI texts are WARRIORS! Schweser supplemented with CFAI questions/exams got the job done every year for me. Good luck to everyone this year!

DonDraper Wrote: >I would also highly recommend working through the > past exams more than once, I think that was the > best thing for me in my preparation. Great advise!